Subject: Rules question - Symbiote's use of the Plant flare. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Will Yum
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
This came up tonight and was very confusing.

Symbiote says: Your power cannot be zapped, lost, stolen, or copied through any means.

Plant flare says: As a main player, after allies are assigned, you may steal the power of any ally for that encounter. You have the stolen power instead of your own, and the affected ally does not have the power, until the end of the encounter.

Question - Can Symbiote use the Plant flare since he cannot lose his power through any means? We played that Symbiote could use the first part of the flare and steal the ally's power (denying the ally their power) but not able to use the stolen power.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Heroic Monkey
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say that Symbiote could steal the power and use it. He would not lose the use of his power since it can't be canceled.

To be safe, you'll probably want to wait for an answer from an expert like Jack Reda, The Dukester®, Kevin Wilson, or Ken (Rubric).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leber
Canada
Orillia
ON
flag msg tools
Yin
badge
Yang
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Guardian wrote:
I would say that Symbiote could steal the power and use it. He would not lose the use of his power since it can't be canceled.

To be safe, you'll probably want to wait for an answer from an expert like Jack Reda, The Dukester®, Kevin Wilson, or Ken (Rubric).

That's definitely how we play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds right to me. Symbiote gets to use two powers temporarily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.