Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Corin A. Friesen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So, my family is going to Farrell's Ice Cream Parlor, and the waiting line is an hour or so. What happens when there are three gamers in the car, and a copy of Taj Mahal—the only game in the place—as well? Of course, we play it... in the car.

First we had to figure out how to situate everything. The box insert, which was kept on Abstractite's lap, held the influence tokens and palaces. The box top, which I kept in my lap, held the deck, discard pile, and face-up cards. We put the seats down to hold the board, and it wasn't long before we were underway, playing our cards in our palms.
Note: This game really doesn't take up much room.

The province tiles were set up for a sequence up right and then a sequence up left, breaking after that quickly to go to a bottom province between them, and then back to the top and then under the Agra, which was of course last. I decided to try connectivity strategy. Baby.

The first province was full up with my opponents palaces. I guess they wanted potential connection for later since it was in the middle of things, but I decided to be patient and withdraw without playing anything. Besides, that first province tile stinks.

The subsequent provinces yielded at least two palace placements for me by clever card management and watching of my opponents' actions. Because of the setup, I was able to connect lots of palaces where I needed them. Because I had lots of grand mogul cards (and later getting the mogul special card as well), there was not much my opponents could do about blocking me. Besides, they were playing a lot of cards, whereas I was withdrawing as soon as I had two palaces sealed so that I wouldn't be blocked. They were going for elephants, needless to say.

It was exciting at the bottom province, which would connect both my right and my left palaces. I got the mogul and another quickly so that I could connect! I believe it was 7 points? Anyway, it was a lot. Bonus tokens besides.

By the end of the game, I was connecting palaces for 8, 9, and 10 points. All five of my cards were worth points when the game ended, and so I won with 71 points. I did get 4 tea symbols and three of another, so it wasn't all connection, but it sure did give me the win. My opponents were bashed. Abstractite was maybe 5-7 points away, while the other fell behind badly through some card squandering.

It was an exciting game... all played in a car! We packed everything up, and then listened to some music. Then it was time to get ice cream.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so jealous!
MMMMHHHHMMM.... Ice Cream.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An hour queue for ice cream!!!!!!!! Was it Disney flavour?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fer moros
South Korea
Kwang-Ju
Gwangju
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cute story!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corin A. Friesen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:

Almost...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:

while it was great that you could play, may I suggest getting ice cream from a local supermarket instead? No 1h waiting, and 1/10th of the cost...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
mbmbmbmbmb
oh, wait, was this at the Mountasia Family Fun Center?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E D
United States
wilton
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
is there a drive through or did someone volunteer to wait in line?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Must be some amazing ice cream.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corin A. Friesen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Leezer wrote:
Must be some amazing ice cream.

Actually, no.... angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.