Subject: Block Party 2010 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Floyd Resler
United States
Mason
Ohio
flag msg tools
I just spent this past weekend (March 19-21) at the annual Block Party Tournament held in New Albany, IN. This small tournament is loads of fun and, for me, this was the best one yet!

For those unfamiliar with Block Party, it is held each March and the focus is on block games. Tournaments included Commands & Colors: Ancients, Hammer of the Scots, FAB: The Bulge, War of 1812, Richard III, Hellenes, Friedrich, 1960: Making of the President, Liberty, Crusader Rex and a Euro Iron Man (Carcassone, Settlers & Puerto Rico on Saturday). I'm not a big block game player, but there was a lot of opportunity for open gaming. Even though I didn't participate in the tournaments (except the Euro Iron Man), there was still plenty to do!

Registration was $10 a day or $25 for the entire weekend. And the registration included a free game! I picked up Oregon by Rio Grande Games and it was definitely a good choice - very fun game! I was also able to play Beowulf, Dominion (my favorite of the weekend), Infernal Contraption, Hacienda, and several other games.

Very nice plaques were given out for the winners of each tournament.

I can't speak highly enough of the fun and quality of this tournament!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.