John O'Haver
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Pet photographer, that's me.
mbmbmbmbmb
... not me. Richard Diem, my regular game guy, is. The official Tournament Scenario was Raphia. It was a Swiss Style tournament. Eight players signed up for this event. Participation across the board (pun intended) was down this year due to the economy. AT the end of the first day, I was 2-2, Richard and Karsten, another gamer, were 3 and 1 and Mike Updike was undefeated. This set up a Sunday morning playoff between Richard and Karsten for the right to play Mike in the Championship Game at high noon.

In the playoff against Karsten, Richard overcame a 1-6 deficit in Banners to come back and win 8-7. He beat Mike in the Championship 8-5 in a game that was closer than the score indicates.

(I didn't witness these games in their entirety. I had come down with a horrible head cold on Saturday night and was taking naps in my car in the hotel parking lot for almost 3 hours while the games were going on.)

Richard, with his symbolic Victory pretzel clenched in his teeth, holds his award.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ric Manns
United States
Scottsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2010 is in the books!

We had a good turnout 33 people from 6 states and it was some great gaming. The tourneys were well attended as most had around 10 players in each. Ron Draker designer of Prussia's Defiant Stand attended for the first time.

We had new winners in several events. Ron was dominant in the tourneys as he won four. The previous record was 2 wins in previous years. Ron has topped the previous record of two by several people including WBC behemouth Bruce Reiff.

Here is the list of winners:

Mike Updike - FAB: The Bulge

Richard Diem - Commands & Colors: Ancients

Mike Sims - War of 1812

Ric Manns - Richard III

Scott Bowling - 1960: Making of the President

Craig Springstube - Euro Iron Man Tourney

Ron Draker - Crusader Rex, Hammer of the Scots, Liberty & Friedrich

It was a great time and I want to thank everyone for making this a terrific weekend. We did have a few hiccups - we had to cancel the Hellenes event due to the unavoidable loss of a GM and the AC not working but, overall it was a great time!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mario p.
Italy
Venice - Treviso
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good job Ron!

edit: and obviously, congrats also to Richard and all the other winners!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.