Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David
United Kingdom
Warwick
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
Played this twice yesterday, swapping sides on the second go and using Option 2: Two player game and Option 2.2: Additional Units.
My tactics as the Germans was to leave my HMG well away from the Soviets and to spend APs building some Hasty Defences. This proved crucial a couple of times when it was targetted by one of the T34s later on. I then sent myPz Gren off to flank the East side of the woods which meant they were out of range of the Soviets in the buildings (except for a sniper that managed to only hit one target throughout 7 rounds Ha Ha)This proved only parcially successful (well alright they got shot,..badly)but it was probably still evens until round 3 when the German tanks arrived. I held these back until the Soviets had spent some of there forces and then brought on thePz1Vf2 which hung around the Northern edge where it was out of their range.
In round 4 the soviets reinforced, smashing a tank into its hiding place on top of the control marker in the farm building and another to the right of the woods to attack my one surviving Pz Gren.
Round 5 my Stuka appeared and damaged a couple of units in the woods and destroying the T34b whilst my two APC stormed down to the East side again, with the aim of delivering troops to the edge of the woods where they could be deployed to close combat with the soviets. The arrival of the T-70 and the Shuturmovick in round 6 destroyed the APC carriers but the troops got into the cover of the woods and eventually made it to the Control point (This had been defended by 3 hasty defense chits but by now, they were all facing the wrong way so as soon as he activated the defending troops to swivel towards me or even to move towards me he lost that particular bonus. I can't remember the final scores but despite my brilliant tactics the Soviets won on points- I simply lost too many troops)and I never even tried to take the control marker in the farm building.
Conclusions about the game: We both enjoyed it immensely though we are still finding our way around some of the rules. We both preferred playing the German side partly because of their superior range and movement but also the Soviets wait and see for a lot of the game in a defensive position. Can't wait to try Option2.1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T Ross
Algeria
flag msg tools
We've played this twice now with the basic additional units (mortars, but not tanks, etc.) and both times the Germans got annihilated. Not sure how you can accomplish anything in this scenario as the Germans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse LeBreton
United States
Kingsford
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The last time I played State Farm it was with full options and using the updated setup from the newer PDF. We got to round 6 before it became clear the Soviets will win. Both sides got a chance to use airpower, so that was cool. I can't remember if I was really lucky with the Germans during the first few rounds or not. I do remember on a few other plays it went south for the Germans very fast. You can't give the Soviets 2 mortars and expect to last long. It must be one. Next time I play I plan on changing the Soviet 82mm mortar to a 50mm one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.