Shaun Haynam
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
I bought this game on a rainy Sunday morning in March (yesterday). I managed to get two plays in and I'm hooked.

So far it's only been my brother and my roommate. My brother refuses to play anything but Khrone because Khrone is the most "metal" (as in Norwegian black metal... he's really into that).

Our first game had Slaanesh, Nurgle, and of course Khrone. Nurgle won but the game didn't really count as we were all still figuring out the rules.

Game two saw Tzeentch, Nurgle, and Khrone again. Everyone was within 1 tick of winning (yes, Nurgle was within 1 tick of winning because my jerk brother was attacking me and me alone) when the old world deck ran out.

Anyone have any ideas how I can trounce Khrone's bloodthirsty behind in our next three player game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronny Heinz
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Simplest rule fighting Khorne: don't give him easy targets like cultists. If Khorne doesn't get this kills, he must fight for victory instead of simplay kill the loners.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cast spells and move cultists until Khorne runs out of energy. Then disengage wherever possible. Also make sure no one is gaining more than 2 ticks per turn (and only one person can get 2). The not Khorne players should battle less and ruin more. Good luck :).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Understand that Khorne is always winning. Therefore, everyone should be ganging up on him pretty much all the time. Slanesh and Tzeentch should use their cards that mess with people to try and prevent his dial ticks when possible - Nurgle should do the same with his extra defense card. It's all about stopping Khorne from getting double dial ticks, especially early. It's hard to stop doubles later in the game when he's spread everywhere, so you have to make sure he doesn't get double ticks on the first couple of turns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ragh Gavar
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hindupushup wrote:
(yes, Nurgle was within 1 tick of winning because my jerk brother was attacking me and me alone)

Play Tzeentch and only use your "screw you" cards against Khorne.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Fulford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Facts:
1. Demons fight ALL the time.
2. The purpose of the demon is to flip out and kill people.

As others have said, it's often best to run away from Khorne early on. Also consider that Khorne gets dial tokens for each separate region in which he kills enemies, so if you bunch your figures together with another player, that gives Khorne less opportunities (while also competing for domination/ruination points). Later on, when Khorne is more spread out, try to tie him for dial tokens to deny double-ticks.

I do not know if demons are mammals or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hm ... if Nurgle was 1 Tick away from winning, that sounds very weird. Especially if Korne was constantly fighting you.

You are aware that someone can AT BEST get 2 turns of the dial per round, right?
One if he has ANY dial tokens collected that round, and an extra one if he is the one with the most dial tokens collected that round (ties are screwed).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex H.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
welcome your reptilian overlords!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, do yourself a favor and try to play it with 4 players. That's how it was meant to be played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
chrisdk wrote:
Hm ... if Nurgle was 1 Tick away from winning, that sounds very weird. Especially if Korne was constantly fighting you.

You are aware that someone can AT BEST get 2 turns of the dial per round, right?
One if he has ANY dial tokens collected that round, and an extra one if he is the one with the most dial tokens collected that round (ties are screwed).

The "you" in this case appears to have been Tzeentch (i.e. Nurgle was unattacked). If Khorne was busy only against Tzeentch to the exclusion of Nurgle, I could see Nurgle competing for dial ticks, especially if they were all in the same regions and Nurgle's cultists were the ones remaining after battle. A poorly-played Khorne is a really good kingmaker...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsciv wrote:
chrisdk wrote:

The "you" in this case appears to have been Tzeentch (i.e. Nurgle was unattacked). If Khorne was busy only against Tzeentch to the exclusion of Nurgle, I could see Nurgle competing for dial ticks, especially if they were all in the same regions and Nurgle's cultists were the ones remaining after battle. A poorly-played Khorne is a really good kingmaker...

Well, I figured if Khorne was "constantly fighting" and having an effect aka killing tzeentchs figures, he must have gotten piles of ticks, tieing or surpassing Nurgle on a regular basis, hence less doubleticks for Nurgle hence it would be very unlikely for him to be one away from victory. Afterall without any special shenanigans from Upgrades Nurgle cannot actually get more than 3 dial tokens a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sithrak - The god who hates you unconditionally
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisdk wrote:
jsciv wrote:
chrisdk wrote:

Well, I figured if Khorne was "constantly fighting" and having an effect aka killing tzeentchs figures, he must have gotten piles of ticks, tieing or surpassing Nurgle on a regular basis, hence less doubleticks for Nurgle hence it would be very unlikely for him to be one away from victory. Afterall without any special shenanigans from Upgrades Nurgle cannot actually get more than 3 dial tokens a turn.

That may be so, but it's not entirely unthinkable that Tzeentch might never control more than 2 or 3 regions at once if he's constantly under exclusive assault from Khorne, and if Nurgle reliably gets 3 markers each round, he dominates every round in which there's battle in less than 3, and only loses out if there's in 4 or more, especially if you consider that it makes little sense for Tzeentch to spread out and most likely lose in 4 regions every round when he might stand a (tiny, but existing) chance to actually keep 2 cultists alive and get at least ONE dial tick every once in a while by concentrating on one region each turn.
This approach also has the side effect that USUALLY a Khorne player would take a long, hard look at a situation such as this and conclude that such limited fighting (After all, it's the spread, not the body count) will only lead to failure, and would USUALLY start attacking other players as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

"I can't stop thinking about daemons. They're cool and by cool I mean totally sweet!"

Thumbs up for the reference to the REAL ULTIMATE POWER ninja webpage!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.