United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the British utilize Naval Movement into/from a fortified port not containing a British PC? The rules state at the top of page 3:

Quote:
If these [fortified port] spaces are not under British control (i.e., contain a British PC marker), certain rules pertaining to British landing parties (7.2B), British Naval Movement (7.5) and Royal Navy support (9.42) are more restrictive thanthan for standard ports.
(emphasis mine)

Under 7.5, there is actually nothing mentioned about not being allowed to move into/out of a fortified port without a British PC. However it does clearly state that British may not retreat into/out of a fortified port without a British PC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brien Martin
United States
DeKalb
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
voynix wrote:
Can the British utilize Naval Movement into/from a fortified port not containing a British PC? The rules state at the top of page 3:

Quote:
If these [fortified port] spaces are not under British control (i.e., contain a British PC marker), certain rules pertaining to British landing parties (7.2B), British Naval Movement (7.5) and Royal Navy support (9.42) are more restrictive thanthan for standard ports.
(emphasis mine)

Under 7.5, there is actually nothing mentioned about not being allowed to move into/out of a fortified port without a British PC. However it does clearly state that British may not retreat into/out of a fortified port without a British PC.

Rule 7.5 defines an eligible port for Naval Movement as any port space not occupied by an American PC or American CU. That means an unoccupied, uncontrolled port space can be moved into by the British using Naval Movement.

Brien
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Poole
United States
Goldsboro
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Udu Wudu
badge
Udu Wudu
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response. That's how I have been playing. I just did not understand the reference to rule 7.5 on page 3 when in turn, rule 7.5 makes no mention of this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.