Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Todd
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm ordering sleeves for Maria (I like the clear Mayday sleeves). Could someone please post the size of the cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Schwarz
United States
Tucker
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe they are regular playing cards. You'll need different backs for the different political years.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Todd
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
houjix wrote:
Just sleeved my copy. Go with the Fantasy Flight green package.

Great. I have a couple of the Fantasy Flight green packs that I bought by accident once. I'll try them and if they're the right size I'll buy the others. The Fantasy Flight sleeves are available locally, the Mayday ones I have to order.

Talltim wrote:
I believe they are regular playing cards. You'll need different backs for the different political years.

The Fantasy Flight sleeves are clear so I won't have any trouble with the different backs.

Now to work on some tuckboxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Woods
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can anyone confirm that the green Fantasy Flight Supply sleeves fit. The messages from the user who said they did are gone. I question only because the green sleeves are American Standard and Maria is definitely not an American-based game. Usually, I find, that the Eurogames use the purple FFS sleeves better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a handy summary of Maria's card size and fitting sleeves:

Mayday Standard USA (Purple) 56x87mm
= Ultra Pro Deck Protector Mini
= Arcane Tinmen Dragon Shield Mini
= FFG Standard American FFS03
= Yu-Gi-Oh Card Size
= Bridge Card Size
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talltim wrote:

I just bought sleeves for Maria and Friedrick and thet are NOT regular playing card size. You'll need the Mayday chimera sleeves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Riptcord wrote:
I just bought sleeves for Maria and Friedrick and thet are NOT regular playing card size. You'll need the Mayday chimera sleeves.

Maria's cards fit absolutely perfectly in Mayday's Standard USA (Purple pack) sleeves, i.e. they are bridge-sized cards. I just tried it myself. Mayday's USA Chimera (Orange pack) 57.5x89mm sleeves are about a mm too wide and 2 mm too long.

Here's the perfect sleeves for Maria:

= Yu-Gi-Oh Card Size
= Bridge Card Size
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
Riptcord wrote:

Maria's cards fit absolutely perfectly in Mayday's Standard USA (Purple pack) sleeves, i.e. they are bridge-sized cards. I just tried it myself. Mayday's USA Chimera (Orange pack) 57.5x89mm sleeves are about a mm too wide and 2 mm too long.

Here's the perfect sleeves for Maria:

= Yu-Gi-Oh Card Size
= Bridge Card Size

Want some chimera sleeves? I'll trade you. They are a tad looser than I like. Where were you two weeks ago when I ordered these? Are the purple sleeves available in a "premium" thickness? The chimera sleeves I have are also thinner than I like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Riptcord wrote:
Want some chimera sleeves? I'll trade you. They are a tad looser than I like. Where were you two weeks ago when I ordered these? Are the purple sleeves available in a "premium" thickness? The chimera sleeves I have are also thinner than I like.

I just ordered some Chimera sleeves, but the short answer about premium sleeves is yup.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.