4 Posts

Anno 1503» Forums » Rules

Subject: Last public building is a duplicate rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Flagg

California
msg tools
We had an odd situation in a game last week. A player wanted to buy a pioneer. However the only public building remaining was a duplicate of one he all ready had. Can he build the pioneer? If so does he get the building? Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
My gut reaction? He can buy the Pioneer, but he can't take the building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, tough one. Going by the rules uploaded here, I'd say no you can't do the Pioneer:

Quote:
If there are no more public buildings available, he may not place pioneers any longer.

Quote:
Two buildings of the same type may not be placed, however.

With duplicates specifically disallowed, that means that no more are available to you. The intent seems to be very specific to tying the two together, one pioneer, one building, always together.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:

With duplicates specifically disallowed, that means that no more are available to you. The intent seems to be very specific to tying the two together, one pioneer, one building, always together.

I believe Steven is right. Never seen this happen, but our group is REALLY sensitive to the building count.
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.