Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cynan de Leon
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in a 3-player game of Cities and Knights where the barbarians attacked us and destroyed all three of our cities. A number of questions arose soon afterwards:

1. Do the barbarians still advance when the black ship is rolled on the Event die, even though there are no cities?

2. If so, do they actually attack when they reach the island?

3. If so, are there 0 barbarians attacking, since there are 0 cities on the island?

4. If all of these questions so far are answered, "Yes," then can players build knights in order to fight for Defender of Catan?

5. Also, if two or more people are tied for contributing the most towards the defense against the barbarian horde of 0 barbarians, do they still get a Progress card each?

Thank you in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Hall
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
The answer to every one of those questions is "Yes".

In each case, you are really asking whether there is a special exception to the standard rules for when there are no cities. There's no such given in the rulebook, so there isn't any at all. You know the rules already, so just follow them, and don't expect special-case rules for every conceivable situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cynan de Leon
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what we thought as well, and so it was amusing when I activated my strong knight before the barbarians' 2nd attack to get the point for Defender of Catan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.