no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When throwing an A Bomb, you have to roll eight dice to see how many black damage cubes are placed in the city.

But on which result a roll is a damage ?

I've asked on that forum if an A Bomb makes collateral damage on the result of "1", same as Air Force. And Mr Wallace answered yes.

But... a friend got an official answer to that same question saying : " When you roll for the A bomb you roll twice, once against the monster and once against the city. With the roll against the city each 4+ result means one point of damage (a black cube)."

So... which answer is the good one ???
Does an A Bomb damage cities on rolls of 4+ or on rolls of 1 ?

Thanks,
King Bing
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Petersen
United States
St. Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
I would go with the response Martin posted on BGG (damage on rolls of "1").
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, Martin Wallace has confirmed that the city was damaged on the result of "1".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Parrott
United States
Wilmington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I'll check with Martin, but I don't believe the collateral damage is right otherwise why does the A-bomb have a rule that says it attacks the city after attacking all of the monsters there? The rules don't say anything about collateral damage with the A-bomb, just as it doesn't for armor and infantry. The A-bomb should do a lot of damage to the city as well. You're setting off an atomic weapon in a city. Not much is going to be left.

So for the record, I think it's supposed to be roll 8 dice against each monster present and then 8 dice against the city. 4+ on each die scores one black cube hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
no flag
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cparrott wrote:
So for the record, I think it's supposed to be roll 8 dice against each monster present and then 8 dice against the city. 4+ on each die scores one black cube hit.

Yes, that's it. I've had the answer from Martin Wallace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jean
Canada
Québec City
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maaike Fest
Netherlands
Nijmegen
Gelderland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With air force you can only attack monsters, and if you roll 1's there is collateral damage to the cities.

With an A bomb you directly target the cities, so why would there also be collateral damage with 1's?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still a little confused but if I've read this right when playing an A Bomb

1) Roll 8 dice for every monster in the city. Every 4,5,or6 hits the monster. Every 1 causes collateral damage (Black cube) hit against the city.

2) Roll 8 dice again. Every 4,5,6 hits the city (but I'm assuming there is no collateral damage)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
I am not sure this is correct. Based on my reading of everything posted, this is the way we have played:

1) Roll 8 dice for every monster in the city. Every 4,5,or6 hits the monster.

2) Roll 8 dice again. Every 4,5,6 hits the city as collateral damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Longdin
England
Crawley
West Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ok. I was going off the link earlier in the thread that quoted Martin as saying A Bombs also caused collateral damage (response Martin posted on BGG). It makes more sense as you said though, so I'll go with that.
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
So do you roll 8 dice against each monster separately, or just roll 8 dice all at once for all the monsters in the city? If the latter, do you inflict that much damage to each monster or must you allocate the hits amongst all the monsters?

Or do you count the number of monsters in the city, multiply by 8, roll that many dice, and then allocate the hits?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Petersen
United States
St. Louis Park
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Based on cparrot's post and King Bing's response, I would go with:
Quote:
roll 8 dice against each monster separately
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
scottredracecar wrote:
Based on cparrot's post and King Bing's response, I would go with:
Quote:
roll 8 dice against each monster separately

Yeah, that's how we played it as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.