Subject: Extra-hard variant or how I misread the rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Konstantin Lasko
Poland
Krakow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played about 30-35 games of GS with different people and still can't manage the easy level of the game for at least 50% times. And only today, while reading some post about green monk's power (which doesn't roll the curse die) I suddenly realised, that I was playing a little bit wrong.
A really small mistake while reading rules lead us to the great difficulty increase. This is how we played "During your yin phase activate all ghosts on the board". Not all the gosts at your board - on each players board! Just imagine, the ghosts with curce die are 4 times dangerous, than should be devil
Now i think we're gonna try Nighmare at least laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Snäll
Finland
Espoo
-
flag msg tools
Check out my gallery!
badge
Check out my gallery!
mbmbmbmbmb
Made the same mistake.
Partly 'cos the Finnish translation of the rules is even more confusing than the English.
Makes the game extra hard.
Almost no fighting at all, Everybody just stands at the Wizrds cutting their wrists to get rid of the haunters.... gulp

AND we inteprede the white dices as misses. blush

Still, we managed to win once...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Australia
Live in Perth, Australia
Born and bred in Britain
flag msg tools
...into Microbadge ;-)
badge
mb
I did exactly the same thing - the rules confuse by saying "a haunting ghost haunts a tile every two turns" when it means "every two turns for that player" or "every eight turns" otherwise.

And also realised the mistake only when checking up a different rule-ambiguity on BGG.

And also went almost straight to Nightmare mode afterwards and found it easy in comparison ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.