Popular Tags: [View All]
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules state that one can enter the mouse house via the space with arrows and the house is considered as 1 step.

What confuses me is I have read a Hungarian translation that seems to suggest that you can enter the house only if your mouse is standing on a space with an arrow in the beginning of your turn. I can't find it in the German or English rules, at least they don't seem to be so specific about this but maybe I'm overlooking something. So what is needed to be able to move into the house?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Coffee
United States
Norcross
Georgia
flag msg tools
mb
To move into a house - one just needs available movement pips from the die.

The English rules are below - the part speaking to the arrow here just indicates the two entrances locations into each house.

"They can only enter the houses when they come to one of the two entrances (marked by an arrow) on their turn. The step into a house also counts as a point on the dice and the mice may only move forwards in a clockwise direction."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
when they come to one of the two entrances (marked by an arrow) on their turn.

So "on their turn' doesn't mean they should be on one of the entrance fields in the beginning of their turn, am I right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lance is right. "On their turn" would never be meant as "at the beginning of your turn."

It sounds like the Hungarian translator made a mistake. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
Lance is right. "On their turn" would never be meant as "at the beginning of your turn."

It sounds like the Hungarian translator made a mistake. blush

No problem, I'm just trying to correct the mistakes in the translation and this is the one I just wasn't totally sure about. Thanks for making everything clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Molnar
Hungary
Budapest
Hungary
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(By the way I have played the game 7 times with the rule above - only going into the house if you had your mouse on one of the arrow entrances - and it worked very fine; it might be even a bit harder to save your mice this way).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Lai
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to understand better the rule re. entering the safe houses. For example, if a mouse is 2 spaces from the first "arrow entrance" to a house, the player has the option to enter the house with a die roll of 3, 4, or 5. Is this the correct interpretation of the rule? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaine wrote:
Just want to understand better the rule re. entering the safe houses. For example, if a mouse is 2 spaces from the first "arrow entrance" to a house, the player has the option to enter the house with a die roll of 3, 4, or 5. Is this the correct interpretation of the rule? Thanks.
You have it right. You don't need to use all your movement if you duck into a house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Lai
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the confirmation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.