Popular Tags: [View All]
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Board to Death TV reviews Railways of the World.

They give it 7 out of 10 and summarize the game thusly.

What's Cool:
Really good Production Quality.
Random "goods" setting every game.
Good player interaction.
You can level up your trains.
The railway tiles are double sided to offer lots of possibilities.
Comes with 2 boards to play with.

What's Not:
The rulebook needs major work.
The color printing on the board does not match the colored cubes.
Bidding causes down time.
Score track board is too big.

Neutral Information:
A huge Board, you'll need lots of room.
It's an expandable game.
There is the card game version as well.

P.S. I have permission to post the Board to Death reviews at this site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dennis
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They got the round structure totally wrong. The first round is not the first player auction. and the last round isn't the income and payout. You auction first player, then do three rounds of actions, then do income and payout.

I didn't have any issue with the rule book, but it's obvious they were confused.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
DrChek wrote:
They got the round structure totally wrong. The first round is not the first player auction. and the last round isn't the income and payout. You auction first player, then do three rounds of actions, then do income and payout.

I didn't have any issue with the rule book, but it's obvious they were confused.

That's a big difference in round structure. You should tell them this in the YouTube comments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dennis
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
DrChek wrote:

That's a big difference in round structure. You should tell them this in the YouTube comments.

I did. Hope they fix this otherwise top notch video.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, no problem with the manual at all. This part makes it very clear that the round counter is for rounds, not phases.

Quote:

Each turn consists of the following three phases:
1. Auction to determine the first player
2. Player Actions
3. Income and Dividends

2. Player Actions
There are three rounds of player actions. In each round, the players each perform one action, starting with the First Player and continuing clockwise around the table. After each round the round marker is advanced and a new round of actions is completed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple Paladin

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They got some stuff wrong on the Runewars video/review too. The miss-colored cubes "are" a real pita. For how much the game costs, we were shocked they left it in. At least FFG put replacement parts in the box from the second you buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.