Subject: Too Many Secrets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun
United States
WOODLAND HILLS
California (CA)
flag msg tools
So, sometimes my elders have gotten more than one secret. The rules aren't that clear to me. In a Co-Op, if there is an Evil Secret and a Good Secret under one elder, which one do you use?

Also, if the elder has an evil secret that says "reveal immediately" in a co-op game, does he then go to the villan and take the tracker down 2 as well, as if an elder has been killed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Valentine
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This question is hard to answer because it depends on what gets revealed. If an Evil Secret is revealed then I believe that it discards all non-Evil secrets. The rulebook tells you to discard everything, but that's clearly wrong, because some Evil secrets remain in play to grant a bonus. Some of this patently contradicts the rulebook which tells you to discard everything, but I believe the rulebook is in error on this point.

Revealed Evil secrets automatically trump all good secrets and neutral secrets, so if you are going to reveal several at the same time, always handle the Evil secrets first. This piece of information doesn't come from the rulebook it comes from Jason Hill, the designer.

Quote:

Q) When multiple secrets are revealed on one Town Elder, are the secrets revealed in any particular order? For example, if the Town Elder has "Selfless Martyr" and "Servant to Darkness", if the Servant to Darkness was revealed first, the rules would discard the other. However, if "Selfless Martyr" were revealed first, then Servant to Darkness would be immediately discarded.

A) There is no set order when multiple Secrets are revealed at the same time. That being said, any 'Evil' Secret will always trump any other Secret. In this case, the Servant to Darkness would override the Selfless Martyr.

Note all this triggers based on which Secrets are REVEALED. An unrevealed secret does nothing.

Re: becoming an Evil Elder, that has no effect, to my knowledge, on the Shadow Track. When a Town Elder is killed or Turned to Stone the Shadow Track moves 2. If that Town Elder later comes back to life as a Town Elder or an Evil Elder the Shadow Track doesn't move per se because of this happening unless another game effect says so. Similarly, if a Town Elder just straight up converts to an Evil Elder the Shadow Track doesn't move -- just death and turning to stone causes the shadow track to move.

Note also that when an Evil Elder dies the Shadow Track doesn't move.

Hope that helps, and I hope that I'm right about my rules interpretations. The rules are pretty gray on this stuff.

Lee Valentine
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Maxwell
United States
Burtchville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Setec Astronomy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.