Popular Tags: [View All]
Flip Florey
United States
Brewer
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the overlord recieve any threat when he cycles through the deck once while in a dungeon? I know the heroes lose threat in vanilla descent is there any reward/penalty in Rtl?

And the overlord can only spend surges in outdoor encounters correct? I came across a card last night that made me question this. (I can't remember exactly which card it was though.)

Thanks ahead of time,
-Flip

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GameKnightMaine wrote:
Does the overlord recieve any threat conquest when he cycles through the deck once while in a dungeon? I know the heroes lose threat conquest in vanilla descent is there any reward/penalty in Rtl?

Yes, the Overlord receives three conquest points when he cycles his desk.

GameKnightMaine wrote:
And the overlord can only spend surges in outdoor encounters correct? I came across a card last night that made me question this. (I can't remember exactly which card it was though.)

The OL gets one threat for ever 2 surges rolled with a successful attack in both encounters and in the dungeon, as normal. Are you asking if the OL can spend threat during encounters? (As referenced on 14 of the RtL rules.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flip Florey
United States
Brewer
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all thanks for the edit.

And I know he can spend threat during both Encounters (outside) and Dungeons (inside).

My question is about spending surges during an encoundter. I thought he could only use surges to either add a movement for 2 surges or add or upgrade a power die for 2 surges in only outdoor encounters.

If I can use them indoors (dungeons) that would make my life much more happy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No, you may only spend surges to gain threat from a successful attack (2 surges for on threat).

Descent base rules, page 10:
Quote:
Using Power Surges (Overlord): For every two surges the overlord player rolls during an attack, he gains one threat token. Any unused surges are lost.

and clarified in the FAQ:
Quote:
Q: Under what circumstances can the overlord receive threat for rolling surges on an attack roll?
A: The overlord may spend two surges on each attack roll to gain one threat. He may do this on any attack that hits a hero. This represents a change from previous FAQ rulings on this subject.

In addition, the Dark Priests get a attack bonus (+range and +damage) when they roll surges.

Surges do not add movement or upgrade power die. You are getting confused with threat. The OL may use threat during an outdoor encounter for additional movement or power dice. This is due to the fact that the OL does not get any cards during encounters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flip Florey
United States
Brewer
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much that makes sense now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.