BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: New Game Idea (Garbageman LOL!) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Tonelli
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I have this new mechanic/game that uses a garbageman theme at the moment. The main mechanic of the game features a trash can in the middle of a Monopoly style board. Players act as rival trash collectors trying to acquire "clients." They do this buy passing out flyers to various properties (residential homes, hospitals, restaurants, etc.) Once, they have a client they have the honor of collecting their garbage! Garbage comes in the form of small wiffle balls. Recycling balls are blue and larger then the white, trash balls. Players each have a landfill at the corner of the board where they can deposit their trash for points. They score points by placing their trash balls first, on their miny shovel, and second, by using their shovel to toss their trash balls into the central trash can.

What are your thoughts? Has this been done before (theme or mechanic)? Name? Could this be re-themed to something more marketable? Do you know of anywhere where you could buy bulk whiffle balls or light, plastic balls?

Here's some names I thought of:

Garbologist
Another Man's Trash...
Landfill
Dump Dudes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad N
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Unique titles I've played in 2018
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jtonelli wrote:
What are your thoughts? Has this been done before (theme or mechanic)? Name?
R-Eco is similar in theme.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benny Sperling
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Bulk wiffle balls can be had at Sam's club probably. I like the idea of garbage man and the name. It seems to really hit a spot that hasn't been done to death.

Edit: what about the little wooden beer bottles that can be had at boardgamebits.com?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.