designer
publisher

Post your zombie caption below!
How it works:
You look at the picture posted above
You write a caption story of what is going on in the picture
You get 50 GG if its the best posted

Support it:
Thumb the zombie fiction you like best -- even your own!

Fiction with the most thumbs wins 50 GG if it's badasstic, or 30 GG for ties. I may also hand out additional GG for entirely wtf reasons (for say zombie haiku), so don't give up just because one entry seems to be winning.

*NOTE*: All posts must adhere to these 2 rules lest they get the ban-hammer

1. It’s got to comply with BGG standards – easy with the colorful language
2. It’s got to be under 512 characters/100 words

I'll re-post the comic in the Attack of the Dead forum with the winning fiction and your co-credit which will surely get you riches and fame.

Subscribe to AotD’s Zombie Fiction Contests - Subscription Thread to be kept informed about when I post new ZF contests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Y
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Zombie Fiction Contest II - 50 GG

Morgan wasn't a man to split hairs over minor details.

The shotgun lay at the entrance to the abandoned mine where he had disposed of two more of the walking dead, using his last two shells.

His trusty Colt .45, which had been empty for some time, was still shoved behind his belt. Even though it was useless, he found the weight of it comforting.

He was covered in gore, and out of ammo. But they were still out there.

Taking up the axe, he stepped forward into the darkness.

"Who else wants some?", he asked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Lane
United States
Golden Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A week ago, I witnessed my family fighting for their lives in the street. Even though my gut was wrenched with regret, I did what any would have done and left them to fend for themselves. I am the only one left to tell this story.

When I woke, the sun hit my eyes. I scrambled to my feet to see the figure standing above my bed. He was alive... he had forced his way into my hiding place with an axe. He asked I stay still... and he would be my savior.

Woah! Hard to keep it under 100 words! I had to edit and chop almost half my story!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Arbuckle
United States
Kennewick
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It was a bad time for interruptions. I had impaled the biggest marshmallow known to mortal man on my toasting stick. Chocolate sauce, thick as clotted blood, blanketed it and dripped to the dirt beside my feet. The only things missing were a couple of slabs of Graham. Megas'more was so close, I could almost taste it.

Then some zombies happened.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark feldman
United States
post falls
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Well, the boss isn't always right. But, he's always the boss.
mbmbmbmbmb
I was on my way home from work when the Virus hit. I had to leave my car a couple of miles from home. The Radio said to stay indoors and barricade your home. Great something else to add to my list of chores! lucky or me I found this Left handed Axe at the Hardware store.Just in time to dish out some Head chopping to these Zombie Nut cases that keep getting in my way. Will This comute ever END!! I wonder whats for Diner?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
These darn print and play games keep getting harder to put together. First we all used scissors, then x-acto knives, then rolling blades. Damn, I never thought it would come to this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Milan
MI
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Samson came out of the alley. He'd cut his hair, just like his namesake, but instead of losing his strength, it appears that my friend Samson was stronger. The axe in his hand suggested he wasn't giving up. The blood was confirmation.

"They're undead, but I might as well be," he said, "They took my life, they took Jane. Bring out the dead. Bring out the dead, I'm cutting off heads."

-->Can we enter twice? The previous one was my funny one, and I'll remove it if we can only enter once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Malley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know better than to walk under the overpass, yet here i am. Just too tired. So many. The Barkers were the most difficult. We just had them over for dinner yesterday. Yesterday. Has it really only been one day? Seems i've been cutting them down for weeks. Thank God i moved to the suburb. Don't even want to think about what they're going through in the city.

EDIT: extraneous 's'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Corlis
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous.
badge
I'm nine hundred and three years old, and I'm the man who's gonna save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?
mbmbmbmbmb
The weight of the axe was small comfort in his hands. The blood never seemed to dry anymore. It was impossible to remember how many bodies he had laid to rest - again.

Only one thought left, now. He would reach her, and she would be ok. She had to be. Nothing else mattered. A small part of his mind wondered, though. He barely remembered his own name. Normal life, only three days past, seemed unreal. How long before he lost what made him different from them?

Hefting the axe, he shrugged. Time to move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ze Masqued Cucumber
France
flag msg tools
Protze et Chniaque !
badge
C'est le Gomazio à crête mordorée, dont le cri annonce le soir...
mbmbmbmbmb
He kept axin' but those undead dudes weren't answering...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Aldridge
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Infinite Dreams Gaming
badge
Warehouse 13: The Board Game
mbmbmbmbmb
These days, I try my best to stay hidden. Otherwise, the stranger will kill me. He shows no mercy when he finds us.

There are no more like him... he's the last of his kind. His family and friends have already joined us. But he refuses to become one of us. And I fear him.

Shhhh... he approaches. And this time, he comes with an axe. I must hide... I must hide...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When ammo runs out
It gets close and personal
Zombie skulls go crunch

zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Erb
United States
Parkersburg
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Every summer John worked on his father's farm. Every day he spent hours cutting wood. Chords of dead wood stacked higher than his head, enough to last a dozen winters.

And still the Old Man wanted more.

“It builds character. Any fool can use a chainsaw. You have to be a man to use an axe.”

Now heading home one last time, John would put to rest his once-dead father with an axe.

Character was doing what must be done. He'd show the Old Man character.

Any fool could use a chainsaw. John would be a man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blood coursed down his tired, battered body. His eyes were dull with pain. His clothing ragged and torn. Only the axe still shone bright... even with the mask of blood trickling off of it the axe blade was still keen and razor sharp. The man sighed and caressed the haft of the weapon and murmured, "Just once more and then we can be together." He looked into the murk of the dusty storehouse and hefted the axe up to his lips. He kissed it gently and the blood from it smeared over his lips. "I'm coming for you now" he called out "commit yourself to whatever hell you believe in... none of us are leaving on our feet."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik the Protector of Mountains, Defender of the Wild
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Working at the post office is hard work, but at least the heavy windows protect you from those outside.

My boss nagged me all day about getting the backlog delivered by tomorrow. I really needed the quiet of my lunch break. Egg sandwich on wheat was calming until the boss entered. More nagging I thought, then realized he’d become a zombie. Recent postal incidents had banned all guns yet I saved all my co-workers, those that hadn’t yet turned. A fire axe in strong hands can really get the work done. Anyway, mail needs to be red.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fallon
United States
Helmetta
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Paul looked over at John and shook his head in disbelief.

From the weapon cache, Paul grabbed a pitted but servicable shotgun and ammunition. There were three pistols and a rifle to choose from, but John's weapon selection bothered him to the point of annoyance.

"Is that an axe, man?" Paul asked.

"Yeah."

"An axe, man?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sammut
Australia
Richmond
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy had followed the desolate road out to this quiet place. He was unprepared, and had left town with nothing but his axe.

Now, suffering in the heat, he had clambered off the road to get some rest under the bridge.

He crept into the cool darkness. His eyes adjusting to the gloom.

The silence was shattered by a clumsy tumble of boxes.

He absently felt for the sharp edge of his axe.

A large rat bumped through the debris.

Ahhh, lunch...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Tomlinson
United Kingdom
Oldham
Greater Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
They were round the house. Hammering at the walls, the doors. Perhaps he could kill three, four, before they got him.

He didn't have to try. He had been in the barn, undiscovered, for the last hour. He could walk away.

Kate was still in the house.

He dug his fingers into the axe blade, and scythed the soft flesh open. A coppery smell filled the air as blood poured down the handle. Seconds later, the mob was snorting and lurching towards him, greedy for the fresh scent. He would be surrounded soon.

"Get out, Kate" he breathed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
...but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind,
badge
...and reaching forth unto those things which are before,...
mbmbmbmb
About a week ago his sister was bitten by one of them. He panicked and quickly locked her in the shed, knowing full well what she would become. He also knew that he had to put her to rest or she would eventually get loose. Days passed by slowly until he finally got the courage to pick up the axe again and finish her. It was the second most difficult thing he had to do this week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Anyone else wanna try and fix this haircut???"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KK Su
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One, Two, Wipe off the goo,
Three, Four, Kick down the door,
Five, Six, Shoot till it clicks,
Seven, Eight, That axe is your mate,
Nine, Ten, They're dead again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck shoemaker
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Real tight abercrombie t shirt:Before the Zompocolypse $18.50

real cool fashionable cordory pants:Before the Zompocolypse $25.00

Tube of hair gel:Before the Zompocolypse $7.50

Bad ass choppin tool from hardware section: $12.00

Bringing it all together to make you the baddest,sexyist zombie killa at the abandoned mall: priceless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Anderson
United States
New Brighton
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

"Go start the bus," they said. "We're going to try the radio one last time."

"How long?"

"Five minutes. We'll be right behind you."

Fifteen minutes later, his foot eased up on the clutch and the old Metro bus rumbled across the lot. The station’s windows reflected the side of the bus as he passed. Each pane flashed a fragment of the advertisement still plastered to the side.

"Go..."

"Go..."

"Go..."

But he couldn't. Not this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zé Mário
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm tired of chopping wood. I wonder what's on TV... A zombie movie would be cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Chamberlain
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombie Haiku

Haunting Lifeless Song

Spring Plays A Different Tune

The Axe Sings For Me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.