Zsolt Kohári
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope the heroes won't be purple as in DnD: the fantasy adventure boardgame :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But, but I like purple!

Didn't they mention that the figures will be from the D&D Miniatures range? It's a pity if that's the case that they won't be painted. I'm finding my eyesight is not as good as it used to be...cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always buy the painted versions in the secondary market. I hope they are all relatively cheap and easily accessable ones. Of course they won't be but I hope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
If they're unpainted I'm hoping they'll all be a medium grey. Easier to paint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Stegner
United States
Grain Valley
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eirikr wrote:
You could always buy the painted versions in the secondary market. I hope they are all relatively cheap and easily accessable ones. Of course they won't be but I hope.

GOOD THINKING ERIC!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Khoury
United States
White Oak
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eirikr wrote:

I imagine the Strahd one is a rather expensive rare. I haven't followed the line in years so I don't really know, just a guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connor Alexander
United States
St. Augustine
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strahd is, but there are several close vampire substitutes that are much less so. The same is true for almost anything they could throw in there (aside from the one large Dracolich, which I'm sure won't look that terrible in monochrome.) The rest are all regular sized minis. The mini base for DDM is so enormous that there are cheap substitutes for almost anything they could put in there. I'm sure you'd be able to fill out a complete set of 40 pre-painted minis for around $20.00 in the secondary market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Laufer
United States
Millington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see a few Strahds on ebay for ~$12. I think when I got mine it was around 8. But the DDM version of Strahd is pretty lame anyway. It's what the Ravenloft community often refers to as the "Dread Elf Pirate Strahd" from Expedition to Castle Ravenloft. (And don't get me started on the DDM "Van Richten" Oy.)

You'd do better with almost any vampire mini. Or really any mini at all, even a beholder, or a flumph.

(I bought one only as a Ravenloft-completist.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.