Subject: New to SASL. Couple of Questions About the CG? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Terhune
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
This is a blatant example of frivolous geek gold spending.
badge
I spent 100 geek gold and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
In the section on squad replacements (I forget the rules section #), it recommends rolling for the quality of your initial squads. They mention something similar for the MMGs/HMGs. That's why I did it.

As far as maps go, I can't think of any reason you wouldn't be able to substitute one map for another. You'd have to count the building hexes to see whether it was a village/city board, and the woods hexes to see if it was a woods board. But I'm pretty sure they tell you how many of each it takes to meet the qualifications. The VPO would be the hardest, but if you look at all the existing VPO you could figure out the 6 you'd want to use.

Another option for boards you don't own is VASL. It also lets you save a game in progress without having to leave a table set up. Some of the missions are really long, and you can't complete them in one sitting. I've had a game go 20 turns before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pavel Korpos
Czech Republic
Prague
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check this at the bottom.

http://forums.gamesquad.com/showthread.php?86959-boards-52-5...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Thompson
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Binko wrote:
I'm thinking of starting a SASL campaign, perhaps starting with a Wehrmacht company in 1939 against Poland, moving to France and then to Russia.

Steve, did you ever get this campaign underway? It would be great to hear about it if you did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve, I mostly use VASL for any SASL stuff I do...even though I own all the core modules now, it's just easier for me. And, that would solve your missing map problem.

BTW, I have some SASL log files buried on my HD somewhere that Petermc did quite a while ago...pretty entertaining, and it might answer some questions about how the system works if you're not sure of something. Shoot me a note if you're interested.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.