Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
It's official as of this morning. From the GMT 3/24 update:

Two Games to Get Upgrade to Mounted Maps!
We've been watching sales and listening to customer feedback on our two most recent mounted map games, Twilight Struggle Deluxe and Washington's War. Both sales and feedback have been really, really good - exceeding our expectations. So we have decided to use mounted mapboards in two of our upcoming releases, the Wilderness War Reprint in July and the August release of Labyrinth: The War on Terror. Depending on continued what the sales and feedback look like on these two, we MAY decide to move more and more of our one map CDG-style games to the mounted map format in the future. We hope you guys will enjoy this upgrade.

Thanks guys!

-Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Dean
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious predator on Earth!
mbmbmb
EXCELLENT!

I was holding back on pre-ordering, but this has pushed me over the edge. I will be adding my order in the near future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joel - will there be a possibility of just purchasing the mounted board for Wilderness War a la Twilight Struggle?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Rice
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eh - never mind Joel - I see that questions was already answered on the customer update and the map will be provided as a separate option.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
doubtofbuddha wrote:
EXCELLENT!

I was holding back on pre-ordering, but this has pushed me over the edge. I will be adding my order in the near future.

Ditto. I was waiting to see more details about this game too. If only we had the manual {or at least a partial draft}?

I will surely preorder now after these news.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borat Sagdiyev
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I, for one, don't feel very happy with the change.

Mounted boards tend to warp more often than not, increase the price tag and shipping costs (an important issue when you live outside the US), and cannot be scanned in a regular PC printer if you want to print your own backup copy sometime in the future.

Of course, YMMV.

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great news Joel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Flagstaff
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
larryjrice wrote:
Joel - will there be a possibility of just purchasing the mounted board for Wilderness War a la Twilight Struggle?

Yes, it's in the newsletter as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sylvain Martel
Canada
Stoneham
Qc
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
harzal wrote:

Mounted boards tend to warp more often than not, increase the price tag and shipping costs (an important issue when you live outside the US), and cannot be scanned in a regular PC printer if you want to print your own backup copy sometime in the future.

Of course, YMMV.

cool

How do you scan a 22*34 map in a regular pc printer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borat Sagdiyev
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kinwolf wrote:
How do you scan a 22*34 map in a regular pc printer?

I just do it piece by piece and then I assamble all of them with Photoshop to get a single image of the complete board.

Tried to do the same with some of my older games with mounted boards and had to pay for a large size scanner (pretty expensive) since I couldn't perfectly fit the different sections of the boards into the screen of my regular scanner and signicant portions of the board were thus left out of focus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Well, there had to be one person who wouldn't be happy. Wouldn't be wargaming otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Borat Sagdiyev
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Exactly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keiron
United Kingdom
Sittingbourne
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news.

One step closer to pre-ordering. Now all I need to see is some more info about how it plays solo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kappa_ap wrote:
Great news.

One step closer to pre-ordering. Now all I need to see is some more info about how it plays solo.

Same here. Manual please!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Estevao
Portugal
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nice! Two of my pre-orders getting a mounted map - what a great way to start the day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

It plays very well. I hammered out a pretty doggone tough AI and then handed it back to Volko. He smoothed things out and I'm planning to take it for a spin tonight. The solitaire game will be very good. It's not just some afterthought we're tacking on to the game.

-Joel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Manual please!

I'm not prepared to release the rulebook at this time. The two player rules are pretty much ready to go to print, but the solitaire end of things is still under construction (see my above note). I will run a demo of how the Solitaire game works once things get solidified and I'm confident everything is working as it should. Fair enough?

Edit: When I say demo, I mean a live, online demo using GMT's Ventrilo server (http://www.gmtgames.com/t-GMTVentrilo.aspx).

Thanks!

-Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I normally won't even considar buying anything by GMT

Just curious but why? Is it because most of their product is wargames? or is it a component issue? Just curious.

-Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan Tan
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
w00ts. Should be getting this one, but my only concern is that with TS, Labyrinth and 1989, I would have 3 rather similar games. Hope that the gameplay in Labyrinth will provide a significantly different experience!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vasilis
Greece
Heraklion Crete
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joel_m_toppen wrote:
Quote:
Manual please!

I'm not prepared to release the rulebook at this time. The two player rules are pretty much ready to go to print, but the solitaire end of things is still under construction (see my above note). I will run a demo of how the Solitaire game works once things get solidified and I'm confident everything is working as it should. Fair enough?

Edit: When I say demo, I mean a live, online demo using GMT's Ventrilo server (http://www.gmtgames.com/t-GMTVentrilo.aspx).

Thanks!

-Joel

OK Joel. That is fair. Thank you.

P.S. An article about the gameplay would also be nice to have. If we can't have the manual maybe we can have the next best thing. Something like a designer's notes article or game overview/preview...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hope that the gameplay in Labyrinth will provide a significantly different experience!

It will. I've played both TS and 1989 (which are different enough from each other) and can tell you that while Labyrinth is in the same complexity bracket, it is going to be a completely different gaming experience.

Quote:
P.S. An article about the gameplay would also be nice to have. If we can't have the manual maybe we can have the next best thing. Something like a designer's notes article or game overview/preview...

Good idea. Let me see what we can cook up.

-Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jean
Canada
Québec City
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joel_m_toppen wrote:
Quote:
Manual please!

I'm not prepared to release the rulebook at this time. The two player rules are pretty much ready to go to print, but the solitaire end of things is still under construction (see my above note).

What about the 2 players rules? Could you post these?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
What about the 2 players rules? Could you post these?

The solitaire rules are encompassed in a section of the rulebook. I will post the rulebook as the game gets closer to print (pending GMT approval). Right now, I'm not prepared to release them to the public.

-Joel
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Vance
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PATIENCE!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
joel_m_toppen wrote:
It's official as of this morning. From the GMT 3/24 update:

Two Games to Get Upgrade to Mounted Maps!
We've been watching sales and listening to customer feedback on our two most recent mounted map games, Twilight Struggle Deluxe and Washington's War. Both sales and feedback have been really, really good - exceeding our expectations. So we have decided to use mounted mapboards in two of our upcoming releases, the Wilderness War Reprint in July and the August release of Labyrinth: The War on Terror. Depending on continued what the sales and feedback look like on these two, we MAY decide to move more and more of our one map CDG-style games to the mounted map format in the future. We hope you guys will enjoy this upgrade.

Thanks guys!

-Joel

WOW! This pushed me over the edge, I'm going to crack down and order this baby!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.