Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

So the Prof can cure the zombie infection and he's out there doing his thing.

I don't have his stat card with me but does his ability run as a 'once per game' or 'once per turn'? If you run out of extra survivors then I assume that he isn't able to 'cure' more zombies? How long does transition time take anyways... a turn, the rest of the game... what?

I haven't tried him yet so I don't know if it's an imbalance or not but that's a pretty major ability.

Oh and once a zombie is cured... does the professor have to walk the walk and talk the talk or is the ex-zedhead totally devoted to the Prof?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Fleck
United States
Sycamore
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think if he cured me while I had a bone sticking out of my leg, several bites taken out of me, missing several fingers, and half my face torn off, I'd still try to eat him. Sometimes, being undead is the better option!

As someone that doesn't yet have the game I'm still going to try to answer!

I believe he's listed as once per game. That brings me to a question; would that mean once per session if he's in a campaign?

Hopefully someone with more knowledge (Ed!) or at least ownership will come along to correct me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All knowledge that you seek can be found in the ATZ rules manual (pg. 20), which you can access via the link on the BGG ATZ page.

There is a discrepancy between the manual and the Professor's stat card. The rules say he must pass one 2d6 test to use the ability, the stat card says he must pass both.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
Page 20 says once per game. That's all I can tell as I haven't got the game in front of me to compare the card. The whole Cure thing wasn't in the rules that were submitted to Mark. He could tell you more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Card also says
Quote:
Once per game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Bourgeois
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all, I finally managed to get back to my games after work.

The Cure

once per game/adventure the Prof must roll his 2d6 and pass both to affect the cure.

The cure will turn one zombie into a survivor.

The new survivor is unarmed but maybe equipped after.

The new survivor will move in the same hex as the Prof and will melee for the Prof.

The survivor can take one wound and then flips to it's other side. After that one more wound will send the survivor back to death.

The survivor will take wounds meant for the Prof until death.

This is very interesting... I don't believe the survivor has a stated rep but I suppose it's reasonable to start them out Rep 3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
REP "3" counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
badge
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarn_0 wrote:
I think if he cured me while I had a bone sticking out of my leg, several bites taken out of me, missing several fingers, and half my face torn off, I'd still try to eat him. Sometimes, being undead is the better option!

Absolutely laugh out loud funny!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Professor
Skills: "Once per game, rather than meleeing a zombie, the Professor can attempt to cure it. Roll 2D6, if he rolls two successes the zombie is cured. See the Cure." However, when I go to the referenced scenario, in the SPECIAL RULES, it says the following: "....Once per game, in lieu of meleeing a zombie in his hex, the Professor can attempt to cure a zombie. Roll 2D6 and compare each die to the Professor's Rep. If the Professor has a least one success, he cures the zombie...." So, which is correct, one success or two successes?
[Mark H. Walker]
One.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.