Popular Tags: [View All]
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure about the resolution of Master Attacks. I understand that I have to declare an Attack and then I play the Master Attack card. Now: does the Master Attack allow me to add one or more attacks to the original one or the original one is part of it?

Example: I declare to attack with my Defender's Heavy Mace; then I play a Cleave (104 Defender's Master Attack). The card says "Defense -35, Dodge -20 and 1 Attack +20. My doubt is: does the 1 Attack +20 refers as a bonus to the actual attack OR it will be treated as an additional attack by its own with that bonus?
In practice, does the card allows me only ONE attack (with the +20 bonus) or TWO attacks (the first with no bonus AND a second with the +20 bonus) total?
By the rules I understand it is the latter but I'm not sure...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chakroun Karim
France
Besancon
Franche-Comté
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
From the rulebook, I'd say the master attack conditions replace the basic attack, but modifies the results.
So in this case you get one attack with:
Defense -35
Dodge -20
Attack +20
if you hit, you roll the two dice of your heavy mace, add the base +2, and your enemy has -5 defense on physical attack, get +1 damage, and you bow one of his items.

... I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raistlin
Italy
Torino
Torino
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmm ok. So for example the Blade Fury (163 Swordmaster's Master Card) allows to attack thrice in total, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.