Subject: Selecting an expansion (if any) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Goran M
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a few thoughts of expanding LNoE vanilla game with one expansion and would like to hear few reccomendations of fellow players about it.
I've read reviews of each expansion but haven't felt them in a game one vs. another.
Price is also big issue to me when deciding, and due to that i slightly prefer SotF.
Is viable option buying only SotF and skipping GH entirely?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman F
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's viable but I highly recommend both, despite the high cost of GH. If nothing else, buy GH for the 2 extra map boards, 4 extra heroes and 4 (I believe) extra scenarios. That will keep the game interesting instead of being "vanilla" or boring.

Again, though, I think SOTF would be a fun addition on it's own.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan K
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In my opinion, the one "essential" expansion is Last Night on Earth: Growing Hunger, which only adds a little bit of complexity but dramatically increases replayability. As mentioned above, it has new characters, scenarios and cards and is the only expansion that includes new boards. With just the base game and GH, you can get many years of enjoyment out of the game.

While I enjoy SotF, the elements it adds are very context-specific. You probably won't want to use barricades in every scenario, for example.

I also suspect that if you buy SotF, you will eventually feel the need to get Growing Hunger, whereas the reverse may or may not be true. The game just feels more complete and well-rounded with GH thrown in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Goran M
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank both of you very much. This is exactly an information i wanted to hear.
But of course, if someone else have another piece information or his/her own view on the subject feel free to share.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asher Thee Gravedigger
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Grave Weapons deck adds quite a bit of strategy and fun to the Zombie Master side, something that some people find lacking from the original game.

Growing hunger, you get a few extra characters, a few extra cards, but the nice thing is the extra board pieces.

Overall, I'd say SotF is the better buy, if you're only getting one.
If you're getting two, SotF and GH. If you're getting three, add the extra hero pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.