Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for help creating the original Fits player boards for Mini-Fits.

http://boardgame.geekdo.com/thread/500982/mini-fits

Yes, you would also need to add the other 3 pieces per person, so keep the sprues!

I have not figured out how to fix the cards. Perhaps reprint them all as there are not that many. Perhaps print 2 per card on arts cow?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What are the dimensions of the new boards, Sterling? It appears that the width is the same, and the height looks like it could be about 157mm, but that is just an estimate, based on one of the comparative photos.

I think it would be interesting to have adaptations of FITS 2 and 3 to the mini-format, in which you lack those three pieces and two rows. I also would be happy to provide extended mini-boards that match the originals, but that requires people to make pieces and cards — or to take the original FITS pieces and cards on the road with their Mini FITS bases, boards, et al.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zefquaavius wrote:
What are the dimensions of the new boards, Sterling? It appears that the width is the same, and the height looks like it could be about 157mm, but that is just an estimate, based on one of the comparative photos.

I think it would be interesting to have adaptations of FITS 2 and 3 to the mini-format, in which you lack those three pieces and two rows. I also would be happy to provide extended mini-boards that match the originals, but that requires people to make pieces and cards — or to take the original FITS pieces and cards on the road with their Mini FITS bases, boards, et al.
I will work on getting you the dimensions. I also plan to make the missing pieces so that I can use the original boards if you make them. I think the original 2 additional rows would fit with a smaller numeral. I will work on getting the measurements.

I kept my sprues and was planning on trying to make the missing pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, the extra two rows fit easily. What will take some creativity (and I have some ideas) are my new FITS boards, and other expansion boards that use instruction space.

Thanks, Sterling!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the Mini Fits boards are:

2.75 inches wide by 6 1/32 inch tall (6 inch tall is fine). (70 mm wide, 153 mm tall)

10 Rows reach about 4.5 inch from the bottom, making about 7/16ths (12 mm) center to center of the dots.

I wonder if you could create your designs to have 10 rows solid, then the additional 2 rows kind of faded, to indicate that you can play the 10 rows as is, or the 12 rows if a person makes the additional 3 pieces.

One would also have to remake the card set to include the additional 3 pieces.

mjacobsca made some templates for new boards but they would need to be resized for the mini-fits. I asked him about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Morse
United States
Powell
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No need. I created my own, inspired by his. meeple

Great idea on the faded rows, though.

153! I was so close with my 157 guess, but they wouldn't have fit....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, Nathan! I look forward to seeing what you all come up with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.