Phillip Lerche
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the keywords used in RFTG... seems like a couple other commonly used words could be key ones...

6 RESURGENT EARTH EMPIRE ? vps

III -1 when settling novelty and rare non-military worlds
IV$ +1 when trading novelty and rare goods

?: At the end of the game, score 3 vps for each card in your tableau with the word Earth in the title, including this one.

Note: Current max would be 12, but a bit hard to do perhaps, since 2 of the Earth worlds are starting worlds and the other one costs 5 to play.

4 ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE 2 vps

I mix and match
Discard down to 11 cards at the end of the turn

6 RISE OF THE ROBOTS ? vps

I +1
III -1 when settling any non-military world

?: At the end of the game, score 2 vps for each card in your tableau with the word Robot, Robots or Robotic in the title, including this one.
?: Score +2 for Artificial Intelligence
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anam

Oklahoma
msg tools
I like the Resurgent Earth Empire, but I don't know about taking words that weren't keywords and making them keywords. Just seems to break the mold that they've set.

I think I'd rather see some Earth-based card that just works really well with the Earth worlds, instead of giving victory points for them. Or maybe spelling out the cards like some 6-pointers do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Lerche
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidAnam wrote:
I like the Resurgent Earth Empire, but I don't know about taking words that weren't keywords and making them keywords. Just seems to break the mold that they've set.

I think I'd rather see some Earth-based card that just works really well with the Earth worlds, instead of giving victory points for them. Or maybe spelling out the cards like some 6-pointers do.

I thought of doing it that way, but wanted to wait and see if there were any Earth cards in the upcoming expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Anam

Oklahoma
msg tools
That's true. And I guess it's not really that big of a deal anyway.

Also, I don't much care for Rise of the Robots, partly because it's just less of an epic card than it sounds, and aside from victory points, it's pretty crappy. I like 6-pointers that have a benefit + points, where Rise of the Robots feels like a downgrade for points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Lerche
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
DavidAnam wrote:
That's true. And I guess it's not really that big of a deal anyway.

Also, I don't much care for Rise of the Robots, partly because it's just less of an epic card than it sounds, and aside from victory points, it's pretty crappy. I like 6-pointers that have a benefit + points, where Rise of the Robots feels like a downgrade for points.

You're right, it is kind of boring. I guess it sounds like it should give the player a takeover power or something. I'm not too clear on how careful you have to word a card with a takeover power, but here goes:

Rise of the Robots

Settle phase: count every card in your tableau with the word robot/robotic/robots in the title, including this one, as 1 additional (temporary) military.
Settle phase: you may takeover a military world

Game end: +1 vp for every robot/robotic/robots card, including this one. +2 for Artificial Intelligence

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serge Levert
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boycat-OH wrote:
I'm not too clear on how careful you have to word a card with a takeover power, but here goes:
[...]
Settle phase: count every card in your tableau with the word robot/robotic/robots in the title, including this one, as 1 additional (temporary) military.
Settle phase: you may takeover a military world

Use Rebel Alliance and Interstellar Casus Belli as a template. So if i'm understanding your power correctly it would be:

III: may take over a ( ) from any tableau, adding 1 military for each Robot/Robots/Robotic card in your tableau

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wei-Hwa Huang
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Boycat-OH wrote:
DavidAnam wrote:

I thought of doing it that way, but wanted to wait and see if there were any Earth cards in the upcoming expansion.

There are not. There used to be a card with the letter "J" in its title, but that got nixed too.

6 SCRABBLE NERDS ?vps
?: +4 VPs for every card with a "J", "Q", or "Z" in its title.
+3 VPs for every card with a "X", "K", "V", or "F" in its title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still somewhat surprised "galactic" isn't a keyword. I guess too many cards have that in the title.

For the rise of the robots, would some ability of taking over Developments make sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt N

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AI should be at most 3 cost, 2 point, and maybe even cheaper than that. I can't see myself playing it with such weak powers. Probably 1 cost, 1 point to be roughly balanced. I generally find that 1 cost, 1 point developments, even when they don't do anything, are sometimes still useful.

If I added a develop takeover power to Rise of the Robots, it would be something along the lines of:

II: May take over a development from any tableau by paying cost x 3 + 1 - number of robot cards in your tableau, applying any discounts.

Even that would sometimes be too powerful, as it empowers develop spamming with the likes of G-Fed. Highly generic takeover powers must be very limited or they become too powerful. I'd drop one or both of the other powers from the card in that case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Lerche
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A development takeover card would be interesting... I assume it would follow the rules for settle/takeover in that the takeover would count as the player's development.

I would consider still making it defender military + defense (cost of dev) vs military + robots (or maybe even just robots)...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.