Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

D-Day at Omaha Beach» Forums » Rules

Subject: Scoring Help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Sharp
United States
Bloomingdale
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb



Just finished my first full-rules version of the Easy Fox scenario. Wondering if you guys can verify my scoring for me. I believe it is:

1 Pt each for: WN 60, 61, 62N, 62S
1 Pt each for: A1, A2, C1, the purple hex in 1014
5 Pts for Draw E-3

What is shown in the picture is every piece left on the board except for the artillery.

Sorry about the slight glare, using acrylic.

That is a total of 13 points, which is a win. If I scored it right.

Thanks for the confirmation!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio B-D
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to say, you are wrong.

You've got 7 points as far as I can see.

If the germans are projecting fire to a VP location you lose that VP. So no point for A2 (germans in the purple space are firing there)

The same goes for the draw E-3 you have to control each and every hex (you do not control them) and no fire can be projected to the draw from nearby germans (the purple once again).

You do have the others (unless I am missing something)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a tough one, but I think you got:

1 pt for WN 60
1 pt for WN 61
1 pt for A3
1 pt for A1
1 pt for C1
1 pt for the purple hex on the right
TOTAL: 6 pts


You do not control A2, not only because the German purple position projects a field of fire on A2, but also because units with white target symbols only control the hexes they're in.
You do not control the draw.
You do not control WN 62N, so you do not control WN 62. The problem with WN 62 is that you're trying to control it from a lower hex (beach to pavillion). I'm not sure that's allowed. But I could be wrong.

Sorry, buddy. You're gonna have to try again, just like the rest of us...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Sharp
United States
Bloomingdale
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
OK...looking at it again...

-I meant to say A3, not A2 in my original. Thanks for the catch.

-I think 62S is controlled because it is completely cut off:

13.22: A hex is also considered in US control for victory point purposes if US comm. can be traced to it and German comm. cannot and the hex is not in a German field of fire.

Maybe I am misreading/misunderstanding this??

-Finally, the draw:

13.21: You control a draw if all its draw hexes south of the anti-tank barrier at the mouth of the draw are in US control.

Again, this has to do with communications, which may be where my misunderstanding is.

I very well may have lost, and I'm quite use to that , just looking for some clarity so that I can score it correctly in the future.

Thanks for all the quick responses!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I concur with Lee and 8 points.

Some points of note:

1. A hex can never contain more than 2 units.

2. The units with the white symbol can only control the hex they are in. They do not project control like the black symbol units do.

3. You control 62N and 62S, but not for the reason you describe. You haven't cut off communication to 62S. The Germans can get to it through 0911-1010-A2-1210-A4

I think I see a unit that project control in hex 0713. That unit controls 62N and the infantry in 1012 controls 62S.

4. You must control ALL hexes in the draw to control the draw. South is further away from your seat, not towards where you sit.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kubigaruma wrote:
I concur with Lee and 8 points.


As do I, I count 8 points.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
blakmagik13 wrote:

13.22: A hex is also considered in US control for victory point purposes if US comm. can be traced to it and German comm. cannot and the hex is not in a German field of fire.

...

-Finally, the draw:

13.21: You control a draw if all its draw hexes south of the anti-tank barrier at the mouth of the draw are in US control.


The German unit to the right of A6, in the purple hex (I believe it is A4), is projecting fire into the draw (E-3), thus preventing you from controlling it.

Kill that German unit and you control the draw.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Amnese wrote:
Kill that German unit and you control the draw.


Not exactly. All draw hexes south (towards the top of the map) of the anti-tank barrier must be in US control.

Or, for full clarification, ask yourself" "Is this hex in US control?"

1411: No
1311: No
1312: No
1211: No
1112: Yes
1011: Yes
0910: Yes
0911: No
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Australia
NSW
flag msg tools
Menin Gate at Midnight, Will Longstaff, 1927.
badge
"At the landing, and here ever since" - Anzac Book, p. 35.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kubigaruma wrote:
Amnese wrote:
Kill that German unit and you control the draw.


Not exactly. All draw hexes south (towards the top of the map) of the anti-tank barrier must be in US control.


Oh yes...got a bit excited...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Sharp
United States
Bloomingdale
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Again, thanks for the clarification. I see the communication clearer now thanks to Matt.

Another follow-up though...that is a unit that projects control in 0713. However, I was unsure that they could control 62N because they are on the other side of the bluff. Is 62N considered "high ground" to them? If so, they cannot control it, right?

I am still confused about the "at the mouth" part of the draw rule. I thought that just meant the 2 hexes south of the mouth had to be controlled.

Stinks, I got 3 reinforcement cards in the last 3 turns. Otherwise, this would have gone much better. Looking forward to trying again, however!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Oliveira
Brazil
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon,
Even if your concept of control of the draw was right, you still do not control the right hex at the mouth of the draw because it is still in German communications and no US unit controls it.
Andre
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
blakmagik13 wrote:
Is 62N considered "high ground" to them? If so, they cannot control it, right?


62N is considered pavilion (see the terrain key) and not high ground. An example would be if there was a lone "black symbol" infantry in 62N's hex, then it could not project control in 62S, thus not controlling the WN at all and scoring zero points for it.

blakmagik13 wrote:
I am still confused about the "at the mouth" part of the draw rule. I thought that just meant the 2 hexes south of the mouth had to be controlled.


"At the mouth" describes where the anti-tank barrier is. There are 8 hexes south of the barrier.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Sharp
United States
Bloomingdale
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright. I think that clarifies everything. For the draw, I was reading the "at the mouth" statement to be describing what hexes south of the anti-tank barrier had to be controlled. It is actually describing where the anti-tank barrier is. Now it makes sense.

Thanks again for all of your help. This is the first wargame I have ever played, and I am really enjoying it. Funny, as hard as the instructions are to work through, it actually makes the game that much more rewarding.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Butterfield
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Lots of good discussion and clarification here. Too much to comment on as I pack up to go to GMT East. In brief, Jon earned 8 VPs.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.