Frontline: D-Day» Forums » General

Subject: Quick AA Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Stan Hannan
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I have made a map of Normandy area and traced the various scenarios onto the map to give me the scope of these battles and I decided to play the U S Airborn Campaign

So playing solitaire as the USA Airborn: I started the campaign with St Mere Eglise....three hours later I disengaged. Most of my initial force had been destroyed, but I held out until some of the armor arrived off Utah beach but by then I had lost most of the town and was being forced back to the stream. German casualties were high but the sniper kept picking us off and their machine gun section wreaked havoc.Up until the last minutes it could have gone either way!

The tension of command is wonderfully depicted, the AI is extremely challenging...and once one grasps the system, the play has a rhythm thats enjoyable. Im busy assembling remnants of the 82nd and 101st and going back in at dawn....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Verssen
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmb
Yeah, St. Mere Eglise is a tough battle. Lots of chaos and very close engagement ranges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.