3 Posts

Diamonds Club» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Any zoo strategy? & Using money rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Belgium
flag msg tools
hello.

I've just played a DC game, and I was quite surprised the winner used a "zoo strategy", gaining 2 X 10 VP.
An animal is worth 3,33 VP, and is quite quick & easy to place, comparing with buildings needing special colour, much more thought;
Apart from that, the winner gained the 6th level of parks, but only with 3 parks in his garden. He did not get the special 3 VP bonus matching with his favourite building, and yet winning with 10 VP more than me. Any other idea about this zoo strategy?

I personnally tried a money strategy, reaching quickly the 14 coins level. I usually paid only 1, choosing my actions from this point of view;
I finished 2° far from the 2 last players. These two did what I consider a mistake : spending much money to take a special tile while other tiles were still available for 1 coin.

Last but not least, the hats point : I consider hats more and more crucial as the game goes on. Do you analyze it this way too?

Thanks for any comment !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I think every player needs to have at least 3 zoo tiles (i.e. 10 VP). That way it makes it much more difficult for a player to rush the game with zoos.

Now, if you see a player going for the zoos, it becomes even more important to try to block him by going for the zoos as well.

In the end, the only way to win with zoos is to rush the game and end it before the other players manage to get a lot of bonus tiles.

Same goes for a player trying to concentrate on parks.

It is really a game where you have to adapt your play to what other players are doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armin Sudhoff
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
FabienC wrote:
Hi,

I think every player needs to have at least 3 zoo tiles (i.e. 10 VP)...

that's it!
Those tiles are easy to purchase, available (and useful!) for anyone and thus the rushing player easy to block...
...much easier, then blocking the "tree-players", who can always purchase trees - for a nice price (first trees go for 2,3,3,4,4 gems, whilst specific buildings always cost 3,4,4,5 - depending on the tree players using the "wildcard-purchase-tile" before).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.