Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Lucky Day! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cliff McAmis
United States
Maplewood
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I couldn't find a good deal if one bit me in the @$$. Today was a whole different story.

At a birthday party a couple weeks back I introduced some of my wife's cousins to Ogre. They loved it! They loved it so much that I decided to go find them copies for their birthdays, which I am finding out is easier said than done.

Today my wanderings took me to a game store that I don't normally go to in search of the elusive Ogre/GEV box set. I was looking through the store's collection of Ogre stuff (almost entirely Ogre minis) when the owner came over.

"So, you like Ogre?" he said.

"Yeah, it's my favorite game." I replied.

"Finding what you're looking for?"

"No. I'm looking for the Ogre/GEV box." and then explained why.

"Oh. Do you like minis?" he asked.

"Yeah. But I can't really afford them, they are too expensive."

"Oh. What if I told you that you could have everything on that shelf for $20?"

"Say what?!" eyeballing the $300 or so worth of Ogre minis.

"I haven't sold an Ogre mini in 3 years and I want my shelf back. So . . . $20?"

"SOLD!"

All told, I walked off with Deluxe Ogre, Deluxe GEV, and 9 assorted video boxes worth of armor units (actual retail value $276.45) for $20. Yes sir . . . a fine day for an Ogre fan . . . yes sir, indeed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willson
United States
Frederick
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sir, I cannot begin to describe how jealous of you I am. I bought Axis & Allies for $2 at a yardsale but I'm sure you've gotten the best deal I've ever heard of!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devi "Day" Hughes
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Orange County Board Gamers - come play games with us! http://www.ocbg.net
badge
Prince With A Thousand Enemies
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations!
Congratulations from someone who payed full price for every OGRE miniature in existance (except the damned Radar Tower, which sold out before I could get me hands on it)...

Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.