Popular Tags: [View All]
Steen Bang-Madsen
Denmark
Taastrup
DK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been adding some boardgame versions, and I found it annoying to go through a lot of pages of various images, only to find the boardgame covers at the very last page.

Boardgame covers (at least for the first edition of a game) are usually the very first images to be submitted. Shouldn't the images shown be ordered by date submitted, ordered from oldest to newest. Then at least you would usually have the boardgame cover on the very first page.

Keep up the good work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steen Bang-Madsen
Denmark
Taastrup
DK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...oh, and when going through the images, it would be veeeeery nice, if each image had a clickable
next to it, making it possible to get a popup with a fullsize version of the image, so I can see if the subtext is from the french, spanish, german etc version or not.

As it is, if I get the wrong version, I will need to go through the images again from the very beginning. (Very annoying with some of the FFG games in particular, with 60-200 pages of images.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
#YOLO!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll second that!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zsolt Ipacs
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The ability to filter the box front shots would be also helpful.

Since the name of the thread is rather general, let me hijack it a bit: it would be useful to be able to set the default unit of measurement (for entry and for viewing - now it only shows the Imperial units), rather than toggle it every time I want to add a new version. The corrections page has no unit of measurement at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lundberg
Sweden
Skoghall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also find the "Nick" section annoying. I do not really understand why it is mandatory to use it. How can I know the "Nick" for most of my boardgames?

The box dimensions are also irritating. I have to measure every single box or click N/A (which probably means that there is no box?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Stony wrote:
I found it annoying to go through a lot of pages of various images, only to find the boardgame covers at the very last page.

I recommend browsing the game's image gallery in a separate tab in order to use the "box cover" filter. Use ctrl-click (or your middle mouse button) to open an image in a new tab for a closer look. I recognize that these tips are workarounds, but some people might find them helpful.

Tevildo wrote:
How can I know the "Nick" for most of my boardgames?

Make up a short, descriptive identifier that you think others would find useful for distinguishing the version from others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Lundberg
Sweden
Skoghall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LurkingMeeple wrote:
Make up a short, descriptive identifier that you think others would find useful for distinguishing the version from others.

In many cases this is not a problem, but when there is only one version? Or when the only thing different is whom published it (then the information would be reduntant)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Tevildo wrote:
but when there is only one version? Or when the only thing different is whom published it (then the information would be reduntant)?

A) "First edition" or "Primary edition".
B) If it's the only distinguishing factor, then I see no harm in the redundancy of specifying the publisher in the nickname. Note that I do not speak with the authority of an admin, but I've seen accepted version data that fits this situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.