Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Artl
United States
New Berlin
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If one side is successful at getting the other side to panic, they are able to spend a command point to panic move opposing units who are disordered, not marked with a yellow/red dot and not with a leader. You need to move the opposing unit directly toward the nearest map edge using their entire movement allowance if possible. Recently, we have played some scenarios on maps with impassable rivers (i.e. Scenario 20 Philippe) which block the movement toward the nearest edge. Are you supposed to run them to the river and then keep running them along the river all the way to another map edge somewhere? Can you run them into the river and eliminate them? If you can't move them into the river, it seems that in some cases you would be forced to move the unit in a way that actually helps it (moving it closer to your own camp for instance). What are my options?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nagel
United States
Burlington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Craig,

Consider the impassible river as a map edge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
2 more Panic Movement questions:

Does a unit being moved by panic movement still follow the ZOC rules (i.e. must stop when entering an enemy ZOC by rule 8.8.1; can't move from one ZOC to another ZOC by rule 8.8.2)?

I'm not sure what the intent is; on the one hand 9.1 says:
9.1 wrote:
Enemy Panic Movement is a Movement Action (8.0)

so I assume all rules of 8.0 apply unless explicitly overridden, but 9.1 also says
9.1 wrote:
"maintaining order is the last thing on their minds), and moving them toward (through the expenditure of their entire Movement Allowance, if possible)".

which sounds like a possibly non-explicit way of saying they're supposed to ignore enemy ZOC...?

Is a war wagon subject to panic movement? I suppose so, since it's a unit. If it exits the map, is it considered eliminated for VP purposes?

(Actually that raises another question: is the "Captured Camp" VP bonus literally only for Camps, or also for War Wagons? I've previously assumed it means for both, but now I'm not sure... based on the thread Camps and War Wagons, I think an eliminated/captured War Wagon also gives a VP, right?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nagel
United States
Burlington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Russ,

Thanks for the tickler and sorry I missed these:

1. Enemy ZOCs still apply. However, since a panicked unit has to expend its entire movement allowance, it must avoid EZOCs if at all possible.

2. War Wagons are subject to Panic Movement.

3. The Captured Camp VP bonus applies to War Wagons as well. Note, however, that when taken with #2, a WW that flees the map denies the enemy the VP since it "escapes."

Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
Cool, thanks for the answers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.