Subject: Comparison with CoH rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Spangler
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Forgive me if this has already been covered, but can anyone make a comparison between this game and Conflict of Heroes? Are they similar or very different? Is one system superior to the other or are they basically apples and oranges, i.e. not comparable?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malte Menger
Germany
Nürnberg
Germany
flag msg tools
Mountainbike
badge
Roadbike
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course are they comparable. why shouldn't they? The major differences are imho:

1. LnL has more rules. As an example, tanks and ordnance don't share the same fire rules as infantry. There are more things to consider in a turn as there are more detailed sepcial rules for things like meele, housefighting, movement, spotting and such.

2. You need to deal with larger stacks of units in LnL. I recommand using tweezers here, even though it is still manageble with bare hands. As for me I do not have a problem with stacks since I use tweezers myself.

3. There are leaders in LnL. They give a very personal touch to your army. I kind of like that. I miss them in CoH.

4. The artwork is different. As for me I really like the artwork of LnL. The leaders look great and the maps are good as well. No need to complain here.

5. LnL is the bigger series now, but keep in mind that there are plenty of CoH-offsprings on it's way as well.

6. There are no planes (but helis) in LnL but in Conflict of Heroes: Storms of Steel! – Kursk 1943.

7. CoH has bigger counters, easy to read and pick up.

8. There are rules for infantry-facing which are brilliant in CoH. LnL uses these rules as well, but only for vehicles.

9. There are action cards in CoH which have a nice fog-of-war-like effect. I really like them. LnL has cards as well, but they play a very minor role and the informations on them are not hidden.

Overall: I sold my Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! – Russia 1941-42 whereas I started to collect the LnL stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Overall: I sold my Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! Russia 1941-1942 whereas I started to collect the LnL stuff.

But is there really a reason to sell a wargame? It is always sad to me to see someone selling off a wargame. Besides, CoH is not that bad. cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Don't hang around, 'cause two's a crowd on my cloud, baby.
badge
If I were to hang my head, I'd miss all the rainbows. And I'd drown in raindrops instead.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:
Quote:
Overall: I sold my Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear! Russia 1941-1942 whereas I started to collect the LnL stuff.

But is there really a reason to sell a wargame? It is always sad to me to see someone selling off a wargame. Besides, CoH is not that bad. cry

There's no time for everything. I've sold lots of wargames I know I'll never have time for.

One has to be selective, due to the limited human life span and the abundance of options available.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.