Subject: Threats on Turn 1 - "does nothing"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Bøttger
Denmark
Odense SV
Fyn
flag msg tools
I just got this game, and haven't had a chance to play it yet - so sorry if my question is a bit silly. Also, the rules are pretty good at explaining things so it might just be me being a bit daft.

Anyway - on page 9 of the manual it says that "When threats move during turn 1, it does nothing because it is not on the board yet". The what now? Aren't we supposed to place a threat on the turn it appears, and move it as normal from there? What is so special about turn 1?

Or am I reading things the wrong way?

Cheers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just quickly had a look at the handbook...

You are correct that threats are placed on the board at the time they appear, and move normally from there... But in the example they specifically say the Fighter appears at Time 2.. therefore it will not be on the board at Time 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
They're just talking about the example.

If no threat appears in step 1, then obviously nothing happens during the "threats move" bit of step 1. That's all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Filipe Cunha
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Andy_X wrote:
I just got this game, and haven't had a chance to play it yet - so sorry if my question is a bit silly. Also, the rules are pretty good at explaining things so it might just be me being a bit daft.

Anyway - on page 9 of the manual it says that "When threats move during turn 1, it does nothing because it is not on the board yet". The what now? Aren't we supposed to place a threat on the turn it appears, and move it as normal from there? What is so special about turn 1?

Or am I reading things the wrong way?

Cheers.

They say it like that just because of the structure of the game (do a real-time programming THEN resolve it), all the threats that will appear during the whole mission will probably be on the board when you're resolving the mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Bøttger
Denmark
Odense SV
Fyn
flag msg tools
OK - so the text I quoted is specifically related to the example on the same page? I.e. had the fighter appeared at T+1 then it would've moved and shot normally just like if it had appeared at T+2 or 3 or 5?

EDIT: Nevermind - I get it now. "It" in the text refers specifically to the fighter in the example, not to threats in general. Move along, nothing to see here!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.