Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I have 3 or more pages of Forum notifications listed on my subscription page, I can only advance 3 pages into the list before it completely goes blank. The subscriptions are still there if I reload the page, but I have to individually mark each one read to "scroll" the rest of the notifications from pages 4+ into view.

In other words:

Let's say I have 6 total pages of Forum notifications.

1. Scan through the 1st page.
2. Click arrow to advance the list to page 2.
3. Scan the 2nd page.
4. Click arrow to advance the list to page 3.
5. Scan the 3nd page.
6. Click arrow to advance the list to page 4 but instead of advancing, all items on the subscription page (including other listings like photos, files, ect...) vanish.

If I then reload the page, everything is still there. To see anything on a page higher than 3, I have to individually mark items read on pages 1-3 to make room so those items can scroll into the first 3 pages.

This is very frustrating if you've got 15-20 pages of notifications!
Oddly, this is only happening on the Forum notifications, not the files or photo.

Anyone else seeing this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmb
Hmm... I can't seem to reproduce this. I can click through all 9 pages of your forum notifications with no problem.

What do you mean when you say "scan through" the page? Are you clicking the links? marking things read, or just looking at the screen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dakarp wrote:
Hmm... I can't seem to reproduce this. I can click through all 9 pages of your forum notifications with no problem.

What do you mean when you say "scan through" the page? Are you clicking the links? marking things read, or just looking at the screen?

It doesn't really matter what I do actually.

If I do nothing and advance 3 pages, instead of seeing the 4th page I see an empty page of notifications.

My usual mode of operation with subscriptions is to look through each page of them, right clicking (Open in new tab) on any that I want to read further. I'll go through me entire list this way (usually I'll just do all the forum threads and read the, and then do pictures, then files ect...) and after I've selected the ones to read, I'll click "mark all read" and move on. (As a side note, it would be cool to be able to make just one page at a time read too!).

This method has never been a problem in the past and it saves me a lot of re-loading pages as I only open the subscription page once. I only started having this problem after the recent changes to the notification server?/system? (whatever was changed or updated).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ironically, to see if there had been any replies to this post - I had to manually "mark read" 6 pages of notifications to get this one to scroll into the first 3 pages.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Karp
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
admin
Developin' Developin" Developin!!
badge
100 geekgold for OverText, and all I got was this stupid sentence.
mbmbmb
It suppose it is possible (although it seems a bit unlikely) that a bad response of some sort got cached in your browser. Try clearing your cache for BGG and see if that helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.