Subject: Same goods shipping rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Nery
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
Are you allowed to load a boat with a good if another one already carries it?
Example
4 slot boat full of corn
5 slot boat full of tobacco
6 slot boat free

you have corn, can you load it onto the 6 slotter, or do you have to wait for the 4 slot to empty before i can load a ship with corn again?

I played a game where a friend was producing 8 indigo per turn. he'd load a 6 slot ship to capacity (the biggest we were playing with), then with his remaining 2 he'd ship them off with his harbor. Can he do that. Could he have loaded them into another ship if it were empty?

1 more question...do you load as many goods as you can until the ship fills up and then stop loading, or if the ship is full and you still have that type of good left you keep on loading it onto another ship?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noel
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
you have corn, can you load it onto the 6 slotter, or do you have to wait for the 4 slot to empty before i can load a ship with corn again?

You have to wait.

Quote:
I played a game where a friend was producing 8 indigo per turn. he'd load a 6 slot ship to capacity (the biggest we were playing with), then with his remaining 2 he'd ship them off with his harbor. Can he do that. Could he have loaded them into another ship if it were empty?

He has to ship them all with his harbor.

Quote:
1 more question...do you load as many goods as you can until the ship fills up and then stop loading, or if the ship is full and you still have that type of good left you keep on loading it onto another ship?

As above, you have to wait. That means any goods not stored in a warehouse besides a single barrel will have to be discarded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Nery
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
wait a sec. i know you have to ship on the largest ship available. That means that if you produce more goods than there are slots on the biggest ship (let's say 9), you have to load them on the wharf instead of one of the three ships?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Nery
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
which, by extension, means that if you have a wharf, that is the first ship you fill up, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurence Koehn
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are never required to use the wharf (or any other building, for that matter). Say you have 2 sugar, 6 indigo, and 9 corn, and the 5, 6, and 7 ships are all empty. You also have a wharf. Your choices are, ship 2 sugar on any of the three ships, or your wharf. Ship 6 indigo on the 6 or 7 ship, or your wharf. Or ship 7 corn on the 7 ship, or 9 on your wharf. If you ship 7 corn on the 7 ship, you can later ship the other 2 on your wharf. (This is an especially good strategy if you have a wharf and a harbor, since you get the harbor benefit each time you ship.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Nery
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
can you do (with 11 corn)

4 ship- 4 corn
5 ship- you load 3 sugar
6 ship- i load 6 corn
my wharf- i load 1 corn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mi Myma
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
onion01 wrote:
can you do (with 11 corn)

4 ship- 4 corn
5 ship- you load 3 sugar
6 ship- i load 6 corn
my wharf- i load 1 corn

Still no. You can't load corn on both the 4- and th 6-ships.

You can't load the same type of good on the 4-ship and the 5-ship.
You can't load the same type of good on the 4-ship and the 6-ship.
You can't load the same type of good on the 4-ship and the 7-ship.
You can't load the same type of good on the 4-ship and the 8-ship.
You can't load the same type of good on the 5-ship and the 6-ship.
You can't load the same type of good on the 5-ship and the 7-ship.
You can't load the same type of good on the 5-ship and the 8-ship.
You can't load the same type of good on the 6-ship and the 7-ship.
You can't load the same type of good on the 6-ship and the 8-ship.
You can't load the same type of good on the 7-ship and the 8-ship.

There are no restrictions on what one type of good you can ship with a Wharf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Hymowitz
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
onion01 wrote:
wait a sec. i know you have to ship on the largest ship available.

No. If there are multiple empty ships available, you choose which one to ship on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
mbmbmbmbmb
hymie wrote:
onion01 wrote:
wait a sec. i know you have to ship on the largest ship available.

No. If there are multiple empty ships available, you choose which one to ship on.

Though you must choose the ship that allows you to ship the most of your chosen good. If you have 5 of something and the 4 and 6 ships are available, you've got to pick the 6 ship. If you've got 5 of something and the 5 and 6 ships are available, you can choose either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KJ Mustermann
Germany
Kiel
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Hi David,

not about your original question but i think you got something else wrong.

onion01 wrote:
Are you allowed to load a boat with a good if another one
Thanks

It's not possible to produce 8 indigo, since you're not allowed to buy a building twice. So the max is 4 (5 if you pick the craftsman).

greetz

KJ
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mi Myma
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
mbmbmbmbmb
hitzkopf wrote:
Hi David,

onion01 wrote:
Thanks

It's not possible to produce 8 indigo, since you're not allowed to buy a building twice. So the max is 4 (5 if you pick the craftsman).

greetz

KJ

Or 6 with the Aquaduct and the Craftsman.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KJ Mustermann
Germany
Kiel
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
Phil Fleischmann wrote:

Is this an expansion building, or some inofficial variant? I do own the expansion but didn't tried it yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Nielsen
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
hitzkopf wrote:
Hi David,

onion01 wrote:
Thanks

greetz

KJ

Or 7 with the Aqueduct, Library, and the Craftsman

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KJ Mustermann
Germany
Kiel
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
paeanblack wrote:
Phil Fleischmann wrote:
hitzkopf wrote:
Hi David,

onion01 wrote:
Thanks

greetz

KJ

Or 7 with the Aqueduct, Library, and the Craftsman

OK It's 7 including the expansion and 5 originally, but still not 8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Potter
United States
Tacoma
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
He might not be able to produce that amount each turn, but he could easily have saved some in a warehouse from a previous captaining, and ended up with eight for this round. So the shipping issue still stands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KJ Mustermann
Germany
Kiel
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
onion01 wrote:
[...] a friend was producing 8 indigo per turn. [...]

It was just an additional hint, that the OP is playing something else not correctly. I still think that they played the original rules, and missed that it's not allowed to build something twice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
northwesterner wrote:
He might not be able to produce that amount each turn, but he could easily have saved some in a warehouse from a previous captaining, and ended up with eight for this round.

The initial quote was "friend was producing 8 indigo per turn", so it was not an issue of storing up, and does appear to be either an error, or an exaggeration.

The actual shipping question was answered correctly above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.