Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Rush n' Crush» Forums » Reviews

Subject: Rush N' Crush - Bringing Road Rage To A Table Near You (1 Year Later) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pete,
I saw you have Formula D (I do too) just curious which one you think is better and or which one makes it to the table more often?

Thanks,
Randolph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Hawthorne
United States
dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great review Pete. This is one of my favorites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Lantz
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent review. One more question, since you already have compared this game to Formula D.

We are slow players in our group, and the one time we tried Formula D it dragged. A lot... One lap was definitely over one hour, and I think closer to two to be honest. We quit after one lap. First time we all played, but still.

Anyway, does Rush and Crush play faster? For a group that wants to calculate every move, is Rush faster or would it be a slow game for us as well? I really like the added weapons, and can see it being much better received than Formula D just because of that, but I still wanted to check with you about the playing time.

We might play formula D again with the rule that once you have rolled, you move. No thinking allowed. But if Rush is the better alternative I think I'd rather buy that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Lantz
Sweden
Uppsala
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick feedback! Excellent info. Sounds like Rush might be the game for us.

superflypete wrote:
First, let me say that I love Sweden! Great folks up there!

And you get extra points for that comment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Collins
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
superflypete wrote:
First, let me say that I love Sweden! Great folks up there!

Anyhow, yes, Rush N' Crush does not suffer from Analysis Paralysis where people are counting and guessing, calculating which range they will move if they roll which die. It is a static number of spaces you move, and it's a far better mechanic. The real question in RnC is if you should downshift or not when coming to a corner, and whether to swoop in behind someone and mercilessly shred their car with machinegun fire or swoop in front of them to burst them into a heap of molten steel with the flamethrower.

We are experienced, and with 4-5 we can play a full game in one hour. There are no "2-lap" games because we're pretty backstabbity, so not too many people make it to the end.

For you, the first game will be 1 hour with 3-4. Download the quick ref guide here at the geek (the illustrated Universal Head one, not my shitty one) and use that as the bible. All the rest will fall into place for you, and you will be in love.

It's not as "ameritrashy" as people think, though, there's a lot of thought to the game, but the randomness of weapon hits and other stuff makes it replayable to the maximum degree.

Enjoy, bud!

I am really interested in this game however, my one concern is the game will solely become about who is last standing versus who is racing better. I dont think I would enjoy it as much if it was all about who crashed every game rather than sometimes being able to get around the finish line in a decent length race. Is there any customizability in the game (rather than making a very short track) or does it usually just come down too who dies last?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.