Subject: Best Set to Purchase? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Brill
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
I bought Weapons of Mass Destruction and have enjoyed it greatly. My biggest problem is the lack of cards... it seems three players is about the limit, four with a lot of shuffling. Thus I'd like to purchase and combine another set. Which of War, Escalation, and Proliferation should I get? Which is going to make for the more interesting game combined with WMDs?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Roberts
United Kingdom
Southport
Merseyside
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a bit late, but here's my opinion.

I've got them all, but not sure which to suggest first as they all add something a little different.

Maybe take a look at the card lists here.

I'd probably suggest getting them in order as they seem to add complexity with each one, but that might just be personal preference.

The one that doesn't seem to have people scurrying to the rulebook as often is the original Nuclear War.
If you only have to worry about how much your missile can carry it's a lot easier to remember. If you suddenly have to remember what cruise missiles/ submarines/ killer satellites / space platforms etc do, that's when it can get confusing (but ultimately even more fun).

I would add that in my own opinion, WMD is my least favourite flavour (although I still like it), so whichever you add I don't think you'd be disappointed.

I also recommend Urhixidur's combined rules (in the files section), which does a great job of combining everything into one place. That will give you an idea of what those subs etc do before you decide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.