Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
Scene opens... All hell has broken loose. The dead are rising from their graves, killing the living and (eurgch!) eating their brains.

The world has gone mad. We have to get out of this town, away from the madness infecting this place, but the zombies have destroyed everything.

But wait! There's still an old pick-up in the town square. If the heroes could only find some gas and the keys, there could be a small avenue of escape.

Thus the scenario for my 3rd game of LNOE. 2-player, me controlling Zombies and Pieter controlling Heroes (The Sheriff, The Jock, The Drifter and the Nurse).

Things started badly for the heroes will a full compliment of zombies unleashed on the unsuspecting heroes. Some of these zombies obviously still has though processes working and decided to gang-up on the most powerful characters.

Meanwhile the Drifter and Nurse went on a searching frenzy for the gas and keys.

The Sheriff was easily overwhelmed and converted to a zombie hero within 3 rounds, before the undead horde descended on the Jock.

Keys and gas (luckily located), in addition to some dynamite and a lighter (an even luckier combination). The three remaining heroes shouted their joy and ran for the truck.

But they didn't count on the Jock being so overconfident. With their fortunate finds, he attempted to rush a zombie on the way to the truck and this proved to be a dismal failure. Grappled and clawed by the mass of zombies, he was quickly pulled down and almost torn to shreds.

Watching on in horror, the two remaining heroes (Nurse and Drifter), reaching the truck, find themselves outnumbered 10 to 2, as zombies flood out from the surrounding buildings and completely surround the truck, all eager for the taste of blood. One more zombie turn as the forces of darkness win.

Fumbling for the keys, the heroes realise their demise in almost at hand, and in a final desperate gambit, light the dynamite, whilst trying to shield themselves from the imminent blast.

As the truck settles from the impact, the heroes peer into the gloom to see all 10 zombies completely blasted to pieces, yet our heroes have nothing more than minor scratches. The insane gamble had paid-off thanks to some extraordinary dice rolls, and much cursing on my part.

Now with plenty of time on their hands before the undead managed to re-group, our remaining two heroes fill the gas tank, settle into the bench seats, and roar along the road out of town, away from the lumbering monstrosities.

But what fate will await them at the next town? Their dice rolling can't remain that lucky forever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.