Popular Tags: [View All]
sean johnson
United States
Edinburgh
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was in Dollar Tree this evening I was really surprised to see they had packs of this game for $1. I do not know if that is a good price, but I was kind of surprised to find new packs for a game that is so old.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Way
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
G'day,

I was wondering if you happened to notice which sets were being sold? Unfortunately, I can't find any info on the Dollar Tree website. (I live in Toronto, but know someone who'll be going to Niagara fairly soon, so I'm thinking about asking them to take a trip across the border on my behalf to pick some ST:CCG up, depending on what's available).

Thanks very much for the heads up,

Regards,

Redgar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Vanek
United States
Twinsburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I went by DT today. They only had the white border edition. I know almost nothing about the game, but it seems like the base set to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Way
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is the base set, indeed.

Ah well, thanks for letting me know! (Not that the base set is bad, by any means, for the benefit of any interested folks who might stumble upon this thread later. It's just that the base set is available from a couple of online retailers at $8 or so per sealed box of 36 packs. ^^)

Thanks again,

Redgar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reverend Redd
United States
Bremerton
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Which ones? I'd love to spend 24 bucks and get 3 boxes... I miss this game terribly.

EDIT: Found it. Ordered. Sweet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tsukimi Warwillow
msg tools
Hi! Registered just to spread some info!
These are first edition, white border booster packs, used to sell for around 5.99. The full decks, including instructions, sold for 9.99 in '95.
I found mine in Folsom, CA.
What a trip down memory lane!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AJ Newhausen
United States
Loves Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Redgar wrote:
It is the base set, indeed.

Ah well, thanks for letting me know! (Not that the base set is bad, by any means, for the benefit of any interested folks who might stumble upon this thread later. It's just that the base set is available from a couple of online retailers at $8 or so per sealed box of 36 packs. ^^)

That's probably why Dollar Tree's stocking them to begin with...they can buy the box for $8 from Hill's Wholesale Gaming, crack it, and sell each of the 36 boosters inside for $1 each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.