United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb
i just bought the downloadable version of Storm over Taierzhuang and it seems a great game... unfortunately there is some information that I can't figure out from the rulebook.
- how many units per army are deployed at the beginning of the game? I found the instructions for which areas, but not the number.
- in a standard turn, players first move then fire etc. But how many units move before the other player goes? for example, can I choose a single unit or a group, activate it (move, fire, etc), then flip it as used, and then it is the other player's turn? or should I activate all units in an area? Or all units on the board? In other words, how many actions with how many units can I execute before it's the other player's turn?
- my edition does not have the fire markers... do I truly need them anyway? doesn't flipping the units already show that they fired?
- what's the need for the control markers? I thought that in any case you need to have units of a certain army in the area to control it, so aren't these units enough to indicate who has control?
Thank you very much,
Marco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can solve some of your doubts using the ATO rules.

1. Chinese Deployment: start with units of 2nd Army Group (units with designation ending with 30C or 42C). No more than 10 per area, except for W and X for which only a D6 units. Units of 20th Army Group (52C or 85C) are reinforcements.
Japanese Deployment: start with units of 10th Division (38 units) in the Eastern Deployment zones. The 5th Mixed Brigade (10 units) are reinforcements.

2. Players alternate. Player A performs an action, Player B performs an action, Player A, etc. When both pass in succession, the impulse phase ends. An action can be to use a chit or to move a group of units or to fire with a group of units (in the latter cases, those units get spent). Some chits can be used along with the units. A group of units can be all you have in a zone, or only a part, or one.

3. You don't need fire markers, just flip the counters.

4. At the end of each action, each zone with units from both sides must have any control marker removed. That means that no one will use the defense value of that zone. Also, each zone with units from only one side gets the control marker, so from that point those units will get the defense value of the zone. Note that you could use a valiant unit to enter an enemy zone and get its control marker removed, and in a subsequent impulse attack that zone that no longer has a control marker.

Hope it helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Arnaudo
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"My spoon is too big!"
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you, it does help! I have a further question though. When I choose to attack, how many enemy units are attacked? can I choose any units, like, for example, these three units are attacking those two units? Or is it all units in a certain area?
Thanks,
Marco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're welcome!

When you attack, you choose a group of units (from the same zone) to attack, but you attack all the enemy units in the target zone, which can be the same zone or an adjacent one.

Note that only units with red fire power can fire to adjacent zones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.