Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
24 Posts

Dominion» Forums » General

Subject: RGG to sell blank cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Perry
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From riograndegames.com:
Quote:
We also will soon have a new promo card for Dominion, the “Stash” card and will also be offering sets of blank cards for the creative among you. As soon as we have details on how to get these, I will let you all know.


In the endless parade of fan cards, there have been maybe a handful that seemed especially interesting. However, making custom cards that look exactly the same as regular Dominion cards from the back has never really seemed very easy to do. I think it's great RGG is shipping blank cards for make this easier! Thanks guys!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Um.. yes, Jay from RGG already said two months ago here on the forums that blank cards are in the works.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Excellent. I have a few ideas for some new cards that I think would work out really well.

The most interesting ones are 7 costs cards that fill a much needed gap.




2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Glory to Rome!
badge
"Let each man pass his days in that wherein his skill is greatest" Propertius Sextus
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gf1024 wrote:
So one does simply print his idea on it? How does a regular human being with only access to regular printers do it? I can only insert A/4 A/3 papers and similar as far as I know.


I can put any paper I like in my printer as long as it isn't too wide. It has a top loading slot for single sheets. But then, all of my cards are already sleeved, so I can just use any set of 10 that isn't already in use with an insert in front of the card.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Perry
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
baba44713 wrote:
Um.. yes, Jay from RGG already said two months ago here on the forums that blank cards are in the works.


Huh... I missed that. Well, either way, glad it's happening!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Bullseye
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
monteslu wrote:
The most interesting ones are 7 costs cards that fill a much needed gap.


I consider getting 7 coins and then cursing to be an integral part of the game.
15 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just found out that Hans im Glück sold blank cards. But they ran out at the beginning of this year cry

http://www.hans-im-glueck.de/235.0.html
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KnobDoctor wrote:
monteslu wrote:
The most interesting ones are 7 costs cards that fill a much needed gap.


I consider getting 7 coins and then cursing to be an integral part of the game.


Every time I try cursing, I get moated



Seriously though, the game needs 7 cost cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
gf1024 wrote:
monteslu wrote:
KnobDoctor wrote:
monteslu wrote:
The most interesting ones are 7 costs cards that fill a much needed gap.


I consider getting 7 coins and then cursing to be an integral part of the game.


Every time I try cursing, I get moated



Seriously though, the game needs 7 cost cards.

Not it does not. If you only have 7 coins it means you have to buy a Gold so next time you'll have 8.


So you say.

So does Metzger. Wonder why he hasn't verbally backhanded me on this yet
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Metzger
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
monteslu wrote:


Excellent. I have a few ideas for some new cards that I think would work out really well.

The most interesting ones are 7 costs cards that fill a much needed gap.
If I could combine these four emoticons...

angry

...I would.

EDIT:
monteslu wrote:
So does Metzger. Wonder why he hasn't verbally backhanded me on this yet

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no 7-cost cards for a reason.

Still, if someone wants to make his own 7-cost cards, why not?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
baba44713 wrote:
There are no 7-cost cards for a reason.

Still, if someone wants to make his own 7-cost cards, why not?



What reason is that?
2 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberta Yang
msg tools
I don't understand why people see that no cards of a certain type - say, 7-cost - exist and conclude that that's a gap that needs to be filled. Dominion also doesn't have any negative-cost, targeted-attack, 20-cost, or UNO cards either, but that doesn't mean it needs those as well.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
metzgerism wrote:
monteslu wrote:


Excellent. I have a few ideas for some new cards that I think would work out really well.

The most interesting ones are 7 costs cards that fill a much needed gap.
If I could combine these four emoticons...

angry

...I would.


I guess I'm still not sure I understand how the 7 cost cards break things. Any chance you can elaborate?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
monteslu wrote:


I guess I'm still not sure I understand how the 7 cost cards break things. Any chance you can elaborate?



Can I ask a counterquestion - why would you want cost-7 cards?

I do not understand the premise at all - there are no cost 7 cards, hence it's a "gap" that is "much needed to be filled". No, it's a gap you want to "skip over" by executing a good strategy. If there was an awesome card costing 7 (and it would have to be awesome otherwise there would be no point in costing it that much) than it would be an automatic buy whenever you get 7. Automatic buy means less strategy. Less strategy is a bad thing in my book.

But I do not want to get into this argument, since I remember it already took place, and even Donald joined in - and his arguments are far better than whatever what I can come up with now. So I'll just settle with - I like that 7 is a "bad" number, I do not miss cost-7 cards at all and barring some really ingenious design decisions - looking at you, Prosperity - I do not think their existence would improve the game or otherwise make it more enjoyable (even though they would not "break" the game as such); however, everyone is free to play any version of the game he likes, and if someone wants to play with custom cards costing 7, 10 or 15, why would I mind?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul W
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
baba44713 wrote:
monteslu wrote:


I guess I'm still not sure I understand how the 7 cost cards break things. Any chance you can elaborate?



I do not understand the premise at all - there are no cost 7 cards, hence it's a "gap" that is "much needed to be filled". No, it's a gap you want to "skip over" by executing a good strategy. If there was an awesome card costing 7 (and it would have to be awesome otherwise there would be no point in costing it that much) than it would be an automatic buy whenever you get 7. Automatic buy means less strategy. Less strategy is a bad thing in my book.


That presumes that there is only one 7 cost card. Even still, are games in which there is only a single 4 cost card bad because purchasing that card is an automatic buy whenever you get 4? I'm neither for or against 7 cost cards...this simply seems like a poor argument against them.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Richards
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
baba44713 wrote:

But I do not want to get into this argument, since I remember it already took place, and even Donald joined in - and his arguments are far better than whatever what I can come up with now. So I'll just settle with - I like that 7 is a "bad" number


Is there a link for this?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
baba44713 wrote:


Can I ask a counterquestion - why would you want cost-7 cards?


Because sometimes I have 7 coins

Actually more than that, I just want to see a good argument as to why 7 cost cards are bad.

baba44713 wrote:

I do not understand the premise at all - there are no cost 7 cards, hence it's a "gap" that is "much needed to be filled". No, it's a gap you want to "skip over" by executing a good strategy. If there was an awesome card costing 7 (and it would have to be awesome otherwise there would be no point in costing it that much) than it would be an automatic buy whenever you get 7. Automatic buy means less strategy. Less strategy is a bad thing in my book.

But I do not want to get into this argument, since I remember it already took place, and even Donald joined in - and his arguments are far better than whatever what I can come up with now. So I'll just settle with - I like that 7 is a "bad" number, I do not miss cost-7 cards at all and barring some really ingenious design decisions - looking at you, Prosperity - I do not think their existence would improve the game or otherwise make it more enjoyable (even though they would not "break" the game as such); however, everyone is free to play any version of the game he likes, and if someone wants to play with custom cards costing 7, 10 or 15, why would I mind?


Not sure how I missed it. I've been following Dominion since before it's release and read every new thread. Never found a good post that explains the evils of 7 cost cards for Donald or anyone else. Just passing remarks that they're bad.

Would still love to see a good post explaining this.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
monteslu wrote:


Not sure how I missed it. I've been following Dominion since before it's release and read every new thread. Never found a good post that explains the evils of 7 cost cards for Donald or anyone else. Just passing remarks that they're bad.

Would still love to see a good post explaining this.


By this time Donald usually chimes in with something insightful, but I guess he has no interest in this particular thread (misleading title and all), keeps his cards close to his chest since the new expansions are somehow related to this issue or is otherwise busy.

But I think it's best to hold your thumbs and hope he will say (or repeat) his thoughts on this issue since debating pros and cons is rather subjective. As I said, I personally do not see the lack of cost-7 cards as a "gap that needs to be filled", but rather a gap very deliberately incorporated in game's design as something good players have to work with - or against. Other players perhaps feel that getting 7 coins and missing out on a Province purchase is something rather frustrating and would like to have a "consolation prize" available for purchase. And that all fine and dandy - as long as someone doesn't bring his custom-made cost-7 cards to my house and than demands that they have to be included in every game. Because I will simply not have that(*).

(*)Unless that someone offers some cash, has brought expensive food or booze or happens to be a very attractive girl, of course.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ames
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mb
salty53 wrote:
I don't understand why people see that no cards of a certain type - say, 7-cost - exist and conclude that that's a gap that needs to be filled. Dominion also doesn't have any negative-cost, targeted-attack, 20-cost, or UNO cards either, but that doesn't mean it needs those as well.


Aww, I was really hoping for a Wild Draw 4 in the next expansion.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today I received an email from Mr. Tummelson saying that the sets of **blank** Dominion cards are available **now** from BGG. an't find them though at the BGG Store. Help with a link, anyone?

Chuck Waterman
agapeesl@gmail.com
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.