Agricola» Forums » Rules

Subject: Solo Play: Pay for Occupation rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joao Costa Duarte
Portugal
Tremez
flag msg tools
Since I have an Occupation from the first game do I have to pay for the first Occupation (in fact, the second) in the second game of the series? Thank you in advance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Bullseye
United States
Brownsburg
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Says so in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Mather
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing that the first occupation for each game was free, since it would be my first occupation for that particular game...Makes sense though, will try paying for the first one next time I get it out to play. Tough enough game-looking for any advantage I guess!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan H.
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been wondering about this exact question for a while. I've been playing it without paying for the first occupation in each game beyond the first in the series.

I have looked over the rules and I don't see anything in there about it, but I'm starting to think that it has to be that you pay for every occupation beyond your first permanent one. This makes sense because it's another mouth to feed around the farm.

Really though, 1 food isn't much especially if you really get rolling. I'd say try it either way, but I'm leaning more toward paying rather than not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.