Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice review, I have many of FFG's games, but not this one. No one I know has it either, and so I've been debating whether to get it for a while.

Noticing that a lot of your reviews mirror some ideas that I have occasionally, so you've pushed me more towards buying this game, and hoping that the buy before I try is successful this time around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AsthmaticZero wrote:
Sean, seeing as how much you enjoy Twilight Imperium, I think this may be another winner for you. You obviously know how to separate short games and long, epic "event" games. This falls into the latter category and is more akin to playing through a story that you and the other players create as you go than a game.

Take my advice if you do decide to pick it up, though. Try a three player game before you get five people to commit. It really seems to work better that way.

I will try the three player first on your suggestion. Three should be easier to get together anyways, so pretty easy to try it out that way first!

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Calavera Despierta
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I adore this game, and appreciate the positive review.

It might be worth noting, since the review didn't quite cover it, that the game is not really about the victory as much as it's about the story. In that sense, it's closer to Arkham Horror or Tales of the Arabian Nights than Battlestar Galactica. You can lose it, and still have a perfectly satisfying experience.

What this also means is that it's not something everyone will enjoy. The noted length, heavy weight, weird interaction of mechanics, and ultimately story-based focus mean that it's either totally your thing, or you'll be disappointed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Bay
United States
Kernersville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mb
This game is just a joy to play. I have no other game that provides the depth of experience that this one does. A close second would be Twilight Imperium.

The game is like a choose your own adventure with curve balls thrown in for good measure.

I believe that folks that get frustrated with this game do that because the game is so different. This is not clue nor is it Agricola.

Android is an experience. Theme done in the grandest way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emivaldo Sousa
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would just go easy on the recomendation based on the fact that the guy likes TI.

I love Twilight Imperium and I think Android is a very bad game. I think it is inovative and bold, but ultimatelly bad as a game(see my review in the forums). As an experience it might be interesting if you are into the theme or RPGs.

It reminds me of Tales of Arabian Nights with more complex rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.