Battles & Leaders» Forums » General

Subject: New to Me rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Don't hang around, 'cause two's a crowd on my cloud, baby.
badge
If I were to hang my head, I'd miss all the rainbows. And I'd drown in raindrops instead.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just bought a copy of this OOP game. Am hoping it might work for me.

For about 35 years, I've made abortive attempts to get into ACW miniatures (still have some of the rules and a few sample miniatures I painted up), but it never panned out for me. I seem to be a dyed-in-the-wool board wargamer. And mainly a solo wargamer.

I played Little Round Top years ago, once or twice, but I never bought Devil's Den--partly because it sounded too limited in its focus (just those few hours at Gettysburg). I wanted something more open-ended.

Well, within a week or so, I'll find out if this game does the trick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Lavoie
United States
Nashua
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope it works for you. This didn't for me, but that's because close tactical games just don't scratch my itch. As much as I love ACW gaming, I've just had trouble getting into anything at this scale. Both Little Round Top and Devil's Den have left me cold.

Another problem with this game is the lack of scenarios included in the box. I was disappointed with what was offered here. There may be more scenarios available somewhere, if you care to search. Good luck, and good gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
If I were to hang my head, I'd miss all the rainbows. And I'd drown in raindrops instead.
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand scenarios from Johnny Reb III work, if one is willing to convert them. And I happen to have an older set of those rules, plus a scenario booklet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirk Allton
United States
Lewis Center
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well Patrick, how do you like the game. Personally, I feel it gives a good feel for Civil War combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nappy wrote:
Well Patrick, how do you like the game. Personally, I feel it gives a good feel for Civil War combat.

So far, I like that it sits neatly in my stack of unplayed games. And I like that the counters are still unpunched, so I have that to look forward to.

Unfortunately, I bought more wargames than I could play last year (including Rebel Yell, which competes with B&L). Guess this year will be for playing, not buying. Maybe I'll manage to catch up.

Stay posted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.