Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Card sleeve Recommendations rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Fireborn
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Recently I have found myself playing card games like Bohnanza and MtG often and wondered if anyone could recommend some high quality inexpensive card sleeves so I can protect my cards. I wouldn't mind buying in bulk for a discount. Any suggestions where to purchase online? I am in the USA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Orr
United States
Southlake
Texas
flag msg tools
I hunger!!!
badge
Galactus wants to know if you have been Naughty or Nice
mbmbmbmbmb
Possible source
www.fairplaygames.com recently added a several to their catalogue. I included a few with my latest order. I'll let you know what I think about them when they arrive. Decent price and they have great customer service. Might be able to get a bigger bulk discount via ebay ?

--brett

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Ahern
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play Bohnanza and have never felt the need to use card sleeves, except perhaps when one of my opponents puts his cards by his mouth while he contemplates his move.

Citadels on the other hand, I wish I had had sleeves from day 1. We've sleeved them and they work much, much better.

I used Ultra Pro, UPR RPSCG-3 Trading Card Soft Sleeves (100pc). They should retail for about 60 cents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Morris
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the UltraPro line of protectors. They do have an annoying logo stuck in the top corner, but they also tend to have a bit of a texture to the sleeves which is nicer to handle.

Dragonshields is another popular brand, but personally I find them too slippery and annoying to handle (try using Dragonshields on your Bohnanza deck, and you'll spend a bunch of time trying to keep the pile stacked...)

I sleeve *all* of my cards for *all* of my games. Too many people that play with dirty fingers and I don't feel like replacing the games over and over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.