Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carla Harper
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone's selling a copy of Capes & Cowls on Amazon for $200!

http://www.amazon.com/Capes-Cowls-Adventures-Wyrd-City/dp/09...

As much as I love the game, that's a bit rich for me. Glad I already own a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Johnson
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Fleeting memories rise | From the shadows of my mind | Sing "nonomori" - endless corridors | Say "nonomori" - hopeless warriors | You were there | You were there
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be tempted, but the $3.99 shipping charges puts it over the top for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm considering it....

Maybe...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
England
London
Agitation
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wooooooooooo! Just think how much my copy all the way over here in England is worth, I can retire.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And he's on BGG and isn't using the marketplace. Still, interested parties might be able to propose a massive trade instead...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm alittle concerned the seller's rating is 88%. That's not really high. I've gotten taken a few times on eBay with sellers under 90% so I'm alittle gunshy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Quinn
United States
Bradley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if purchasing the rights from the owner in order to publish the game would be economically viable. It seems to me like this would be a winner with a little PR. It seems to me that it would sell well enough for a good sized print run and make a reasonable profit at a price of $35-39 or so.

Of course, I know next to nothing about the matter except that it is a good game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Clausing
United States
Winfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe this is the same gentleman that proposed a math trade on the game not too long ago.

Maybe he has two copies?!?

$200 is tempting, but the feedback scares me as stated above. I'd really like the game someday. I'm hoping (praying) for a reprint. Congrats to all the folks who pulled the trigger when it was first released.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Billington
United States
Tyler
Texas
flag msg tools
Three little bears. One with a light. One with a stick. One with a rope. A spooky old tree. Do they dare go into that spooky old tree? Yes. They dare.
badge
Hooty Hoo!
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears someone has purchased this copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow and I thought I was crazy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gameguru wrote:
Wow and I thought I was crazy.

Now don't you go and think you've lost the title just yet. surprise All we know is the game's not on Amazon any more and that it's still marked as owned in the seller's collection here on BGG. Could be he just pulled it off of there for now. I know he's active in the math trades. Someone really wanting the game might want to convince him to put it up in the next one and see how that goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol...Damn, just when I thought I was getting my sanity back. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems another copy was sold on here. It was gone before I could even see how much it was.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was $125. I had it on my screen, walked away for a few minutes to debate about buying it. Was gone by the time I came back. If I had not hesitated I could of bought it!

cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
ScottE wrote:
It was $125. I had it on my screen, walked away for a few minutes to debate about buying it. Was gone by the time I came back. If I had not hesitated I could of bought it!

cry

$125 here:

http://boardgamegeek.com/geekstore.php3?action=viewdetails&s...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kneumann wrote:
ScottE wrote:

cry

$125 here:

I actually emailed the seller to suggest an auction as soon as I saw it. Just seems like it shouldn't come down to whoever happened to log on first, but I'm glad the buyer was one of the people who has been looking for it forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Clausing
United States
Winfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$125 - like new

... and I missed it???

Crap!! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kneumann wrote:
ScottE wrote:

cry

$125 here:

How do you find out the infomation in the link? I can never figure out how to find the info when I get an email that's empty, because someone bought it already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KAS
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
gameguru wrote:
How do you find out the infomation in the link? I can never figure out how to find the info when I get an email that's empty, because someone bought it already.
I use a script, but if you know the transaction number you can find the details by adding the number to the end of this link. You can search for the number manually if you have an idea when the game sold. For example, the most recent transaction made in the marketplace is #82334 so you can increase or decrease the transaction number based on when it sold in relation to this transaction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Paradise
United States
Glassboro
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kneumann wrote:
gameguru wrote:
I use a script, but if you know the transaction number you can find the details by adding the number to the end of this link. You can search for the number manually if you have an idea when the game sold. For example, the most recent transaction made in the marketplace is #82334 so you can increase or decrease the transaction number based on when it sold in relation to this transaction.

Ahhh So that's how it's done. I've been trying to figure that out for a while now. Many thanks for the tips and links.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.