Thumb up
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Runebound solataire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Solo [+] RUNEBND [+] [View All]
The Fiend
United States
Avon Lake
flag msg tools
I got the advanced rules and lacking anyone to play I tried it solataire. Things were going along pretty smoothly until I got knocked out on my 3rd encounter (is rolling a 12 THAT hard??). Starting again it seemed like that doom track was progressing faster than I was. Through shear luck I managed to buy the "Staff of Light" which heals all wounds and exhaustions before movement, without it I would have been in real trouble. I was at level 12 with 3 Allies when the Doom Alarm Clock went off having battled only green and yellow encounters. Facing the endgame I drew DROXOR 1st and passed his hide test to then beat him in combat. Next was FROMAX who took 2 of my artifacts out of my hand before beating him, the hardest part was passing his pre-combat test x2. Using the abilitiea of both Runes I finally faced BARAXIS and beat him with only 1 exhaustion from my final wound away from being knocked-out. The toughest part was passing the pre-combat tests which if failed would have stopped the game right there. The Doom Track advanced at the right speed for 1 player but might be TOO fast for the 2 it was meant for. I won with 43 gold in my hand as every item cost double and I had the basics of what I needed to face the red challenges.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.