Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: 8/7/04 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T. Fred
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Fez.
mbmbmbmbmb
Steve and I played two games of Memoir 44 in the afternoon. I won the first (one-sided) scenario 4-1 as the Allies of course. I won the 2nd scenario (Allies again) 4-3 in a very close battle.

Later that evening we went to Mark B's house for a big get together. His wife (non-gamer) even made an excellent stew for us. 7 of us, so we started with MagBlast. Maybe it was because we were too busy arguing politics, but no one found this game particularly gripping. Perhaps 4 would be much better. Jim won after drawing several of the most powerful ships. I was the first one out. Oh well...

While waiting for that game to end I set up Tigris and Settlers games. I lost my copy of Tigris rules, but luckily I had played online here enough that I had them down pat (thanks BGG!).

As the only experience player, I rushed out into a very early lead --only to be caught up in my own Hubris as I over reached. Tristan then pounced on my mistake by grabbing Gary's poorly defended monument. He pulled out the win with 5pts to my 3 and Gary and Mark's 2pts. Jim won the Settlers game that was going on at the same time with David and Steve way behind.

Then we switched around and Gary, Jim, Steve, and David played Tigris. Tristan and Mark took each other on in the 2nd scenario of "Memoir '44" --while I sort of referred and assisted in both games. Mark and Tristan had an epic, defensive battle and Tristan managed to get a lucky roll and hold off Mark (and his allied forces) for a 4-3 victory.
In the Tigris game, Jim went 3 for 3 with a rather dominating victory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.