Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are my ideas on what some future expansions could possibly be; or at least a reason why I would buy alot of blank Fluxx cards...there is so much good material from Monty Python we could use...let me know what you guys think!

I made four additional expansions to Monty Python Fluxx:

note: the cut-out promo cards are similar to cards like "Sir Not Appearing In This Game"

Expansion Pack #1: The Black Knight
1. Black Knight (Creeper)
2. None Shall Pass! (New Rule) If someone has the Black Knight, no one can win unless it is discarded.
3. It’s Just a Flesh Wound (Action) Remove the Black Knight from the discard pile and put it in front of any player. (notice there's an "it" in the title.)
4. ‘Tis But a Scratch (Goal) You win if you have the Black Knight and Excalibur.
5. Victory is Mine! (Goal) You win if you have the Black Knight and King Arthur.
6. Help! Help! I’m Being Repressed! (Action) Discard all new rules except Keeper Limit and Hand Limit rules.
7. Keeper Limit 2 (New Rule) Identical to the card of the same name.

Expansion Pack #2: Life of Brian
1. Roman Centurion (Creeper) The Centurion also has the same ability as the Radioactive Potato. In effect, he moves around the table “looking” for Brian.
2. Brian (Keeper) The Centurion stops moving once it reaches the player who has Brian in front of them. (this means that the Centurion "looks" for Brian until he finds him, where he will stop, preventing the player from winning. Once Brian is discarded, the Centurion will move around as usual.)
3. Thwow Him to the Fwoor! (Goal) The player wins if they have Brian and the Centurion.
4. He Has Given Us….His Shoe! (Goal) The player wins if they have Brian and the Foot. (This brings the foot’s card total to 3 goal cards it’s involved in.)
5. Leading Men (Goal) The player wins if they have Brian and King Arthur.
6. Alms for an Ex-Leper? (New Rule) This is identical to the Poor Bonus Card.
7. Judean People's Front: Crack Suicide Squad! (action) Any Knights of the Round Table on the table are discarded. (in effect, the knights are the suicide squad, and they all kill themselves.)

Expansion Pack #3: The Meaning of Life
1. Mr. Creosote (Creeper) Mr. Creosote has the same ability as the Death Creeper Card. Thematically, instead of killing other cards, he eats them and explodes.
2. Wafer Thin Mint (Keeper) This card can be used in place of the Holy Hand Grenade if the Holy Hand Grenade is not on the field
3. It’s Only Wafer Thin.. (Goal) You win if you have the Wafer Thin Mint and Mr. Creosote. (Notice there’s an “it” in the title)
4. Can We Have Your Liver Then? (Goal) You win if you have Excalibur and Mr. Creosote.
5. I’m Absolutely Stuffed (Goal) This is identical to the 10 in Hand card except that they also have to have the Wafer Thin Mint Keeper in front of them.
6. It’s Christmas in Heaven (New Rule) This is identical to the Rich Bonus Card. (Notice there’s an “it” in the title)
7. A Fish, A Fish, A Fishy Oh! (action) This is identical to the Go Fish Card.
8. The Machine That Goes: Bing! (Cut-out Promo Card) (subtitle: the most expensive machine in the whole game!) (Action) Gather up everybody’s hands, shuffle them, and deal them back out at random, equally; starting with yourself.

Expansion Pack #4: Flying Circus
1. 16 Ton Weight (Keeper) Discard this Keeper to trash any keeper, creeper, new rule, or goal.
2. Upper Class Twit of the Year (Creeper) Discard one of your keepers to move this card to another player.
3. Self-Defense Against Fresh Fruit (Goal) The player wins if they have Coconuts and the 16 ton weight in front of them.
4. Look, This Isn’t an Argument, It’s Just Contradiction! (Sidebar title: Argument Clinic) (New Rule) The current draw and play new rule numbers are now reversed. “Play All” is automatically discarded. (Essentially, the draw number becomes the play number, and vice versa. Also, notice there's an "it" in the title.)
5. The Ministry of Silly Walks Lost Its Funding (New Rule) Creepers can no longer move to other players. (notice there's an "it" in the title)
6. Stand and Deliver! (New Rule) Once per turn, stand up and recite an original Flying Circus line to play or draw one extra card.
7. Whizzo Chocolate’s Crunchy Cards (Goal) The player wins if they have the 16 Ton Weight and the Foot in front of them.
8. Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam, and Spam (Cut-out Promo card) (Goal) The player wins if they have 5 creepers in front of them.

These packs could be sold separately like the Castle expansion pack, or could be packaged into one single box along with the castle expansion. It could be called ”Monty Python Fluxx: Naughty Bits”
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wilcoxon
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: A suggestion for future cards
I know it's a year later but I'd thumb this 10k times if I could... What you suggested is what irritates me about the game is that it's really 'MP and the Holy Grail Fluxx' since it barely acknowledges any of their other work.

I would add:
Proud girlfriend, RCMP troupe (keepers) +1 card when you sing "I'm a lumberjack" for "I just want to sing"
I thought you were so masculine (I'm butchering the line I'm sure)(Goal) Win if you have girlfriend and RCMP in front of you

Edit: grammar fix

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Bart
United States
Winnetka
California
flag msg tools
designer
Baseball been bery bery good to me
badge
This is a picture of a published game designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to have an argument.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update: I edited my original post considerably.

I don't have the radioactive potato and death creeper rules anymore since I don't have the newer fluxx edition. Can someone post the descriptions for them so I can edit that into my original post? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Wood
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To bring it up to date, I also thought about the "Machine That Goes Bing!" as a surprise card, instead of what I listed. You would discard it to prevent an action being played. To use it, yell "Bing!" and discard it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smith
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
http://www.youtube.com/user/SmoothCJS
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would so love to see someone do art for these for printing by printerstudio or artscow or something =P
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.